It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan`s researchers re-create Earth`s inner core!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e69fb6fb841.jpg[/atsimg]
Article:

Japanese researchers have for the first time managed to re-create the pressure and temperature of Earth`s inner core. The team placed iron particles between two diamonds whose tips measured just 0.04 millimeters in diameter.

Pressure was applied through the diamonds and then the iron particles were heated using laser illumination. This created an atmospheric pressure 3.64 million times that found at sea level and a temperature of 5,500 C, the same conditions as the inner core.

Source: english.ruvr.ru... (not much else to see/read).

Ah yes, the Japanese. They can not be forgotten. So, what are they going to be able to do with this infomation/developement. Looking to the Sci/Tech folks for input.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So they didn't create a hollow earth?
how sad!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is a subject that I know only a little about, so forgive my ignorance.

I would imagine though that by recreating the inner core, scientists can now do tests and such to determine how and what affects the core of the Earth and to what degree.

I'm guessing that they can simulate the pressure of earthquakes and volcanoes to a certain degree, and would then duplicate this and see how it changed the core.

Now that they have the pressure stabilized at the right level, they should be able to manipulate the variables. Perhaps examining the "butterfly effect" on a worldwide scale?

Just thinking out loud....

join