It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckyballs, the new flouride conspiracy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I guess, in someways, it's good that it's still expensive to produce C60 en masse.

Your story reminds me quite a bit of Madame Curie's work studying radiation, with little to no safety measures, exposing herself to dangerous ionizing radiation. Seems people can be rather cavalier about their work before all the facts are in.

Glad to hear your navigated the pitfalls of your industry with little to no incident.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
It's very likely that nano-tubes will be carcinogenic -- and I expect that we'll have a least one or two incidents as bad as Mesothelioma before lessons are learned (again).

You nailed it, in the 2nd post...

___
a press release from April 17, 2007 from the American Association for Cancer Research. Theresa Phillips from about.com summarized, in an article titled Are Nanoparticles safe, that the research report suggested,

... nanoparticles could cause cancer and should be thoroughly investigated and used with caution. Researchers at the University of Massachusetts studied two types of nanoparticles (silica and C60 fullerene), in MCF-7 and breast cancer cells, and found an increase in DNA damage (single and double-stranded breakages) with both dose- and time-dependent results. ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
___

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I always knew there was a reason I only wear cotton, and don't wash my pants until a few days. Not only are the clothes that much more comfortable, but I also worry about the chemicals in detergents. No matter which brands I've tried, I always itch...

I always thought that was just me! Even when I use fabric softeners still doesn't feel as comfy.

I've never tried the nano-pants, but if I ever do I'm really curious what they would feel like. Silky? Abrasive? Alien?

I also don't throw away pants until they're developing holes. Fresh clothes hurt a lot more than those which have naturally faded some. I suspect synthetic chemicals are the reason behind this.

I say keep all your old clothing. I'm sure at some point it'll be like the monitor biz. You won't be able to find an old-school CRT even if you want one. You'll be stuck with nano-pants for better or worse. =/

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join