It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The Invisible Killer

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This outrage needs to be exposed.

Somebody with video making skills should do a documentary immediately.

That'll show 'em.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

For those who have become dependent

Who out there is not dependent??

lol this has been posted a few times

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
*sigh*!

in much the same way, the combustion of oxygen inside cells (ie, respiration!) is the very thing that makes you age and ultimately, die.

we gunna ban that too?
I think we should ban idiots like you! j/k

seriously though, you're damned if you do, and even more damned if you don't.
the lesson? everyone loses at life eventually!

thanks for brightening up a rather cloudy day

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What - ban H2O???? I kind of like it and despite one personal occasion of acute inhalation toxicity due to strong currents i am totally against this idea.
Tea without it would not be the same.
Actually i am for "promote H2O". Even ok with "H2O with small amounts of C2H2OH".

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

acetyl radical ? do you not mean C2H5OH alcohol

Second line

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well, this has made me really want to give it up.

If I had of known about this:

"may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes"

I would've given it up a long time ago.

I could have had a car Crash..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Oops. Probably consumed too much Dihydrogen Monoxide today.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
About the simplest and best thing we can do for the planet is to grow lots and lots and lots of hemp and recognize that without an injured party, there is NO crime. People are criminalized for such things and stay in prison so the bond (tax) issued for the "Crime" stays in play. Alternative engines would be idea. But we need to jump the oxygen content in the air. Hemp produces something like 5 times the oxygen per acre as a tropical rain forest. This will increase the ozone production as well which purifies the air.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
About the simplest and best thing we can do for the planet is to grow lots and lots and lots of hemp and recognize that without an injured party, there is NO crime. People are criminalized for such things and stay in prison so the bond (tax) issued for the "Crime" stays in play. Alternative engines would be idea. But we need to jump the oxygen content in the air. Hemp produces something like 5 times the oxygen per acre as a tropical rain forest. This will increase the ozone production as well which purifies the air.

See? Dihydrogen Monoxide is also a fertilizer for pot and hemp. It must be done something about. I hear it really boosts the growth of not only hemp, but also opium poppies.

we should sanction Afghanistan and prevent imports of DHMO so that opium production is kept in check.

(BTW, how did ReelView manage to shoehorn a propot agenda into this thread???)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I encounter a similar substance daily and even suffer regular skin contact with it. Its name is hydrogen hydroxide and it's quite useful as a solvent. No ill effects noted to date but I'm concerned about long term effects

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Tell you what OP You first. Go cold turkey and stop ingesting it in any form. In a week or so we won't have to hear this anymore.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Speaking of banning and Oxygen and stuff, Obama (Barry ) said that he cant wait for Congress on the Green Tchnology issue, He is getting Co2 to be an Deadly Hazardous Planet Killer Gas by bypassing congress..

Gear up for 50% higher taxes yall. Agenda 21 on it way..

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
..... Ban Water?

Can we talk about something that is an actually conspiracy instead of just a dumb joke hoping people will fear H2O...

new topics

top topics

join