It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Seeks To Influence Opinion On Wars I - CIA Red Cell Document Proves The Rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

CIA Seeks To Influence Opinion On Wars I - CIA Red Cell Document Proves The Rule

www.atlanticfre epress.com

The CIA recommendations for influencing the European public into continuing their support for the mission in Afghanistan is receiving a lot of attention both in The Netherlands and beyond. But in a military conflict, war is only one stage of the struggle. The biggest struggle is for the hearts and minds of the public at large. What's special about the case of the document is not so much its content, but the fact that it is now available for all to see.

At the top of the CIA-document it states: 'Why counting on apathy might not be enough'. The document continues: 'The fall of the Dutch G
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
file.__._

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well this was an interesting find. A CIA Red Cell Document outlining how to garner public support for war. It came from wiki-leaks. It's a real PDF document that I included in the additional links.

They are referring to influencing the European public specifically but the measures are the same across the board I'm sure. It's all in this article. How they use an American PR firm, The Rendon Group.

I guess I'm just kinda numbed by all of the things we've already uncovered here and all this hasn't hit me just yet. They go into how the US military has had its own "psyop" element producing output for local media and everything. Check this stuff out and leave your thoughts.

www.atlanticfre epress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Dear jackflap

Actually I think this question I will ask deserves a thread of its own.

Would someone like to tell me why in GODS name any of us are out there at all??

No I mean it. It started with wanting osama bin laden??

When was the last time you heard his name mentioned???

Now we are fighting the Taliban, for GODS sake why????

Afghans have a right to be governed by these people.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Great article Jackflap, Star and Flag.

You might want to review this National Intelligence Report document authored by the CIA to get a good idea of what they are really up to these days.

It details their strategies from 2009 to 2015, the emerging technologies that they want to use and to combat, and the fact that they do not like competing with other Domestic Intelligence Agencies, having to go through Homeland Security, or at times having to wait for Congress or the President to authorize and review things, and ways that they can combat all these things, lead the over all domestic Intelligence Thread and not be hampered by any lack of funding or domestic political apparatus when it comes to them acting when they want, how they want, towards what ever goal they want.

Even more interesting and telling is that they refer to the U.S. President, Congress, the Military and even other Governments and Militaries around the world over and over again as their 'Clients'.

Makes you wonder what kind of business they are running indeed over there in Langley, and anyone who has clients, like I have clients in my business, knows that clients are very optional things, that aren't always and sometimes are seldom made privy to the truth.

The CIA is a power in and of itself and to itself, and as always it is looking to expand it's power and influence, however it can, where ever it can, doing literally what ever it can.

Daunting Challenges, Hard Decisions

by Aris A Pappas and James M. Simon, Jr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CIA Editor’s Note: The authors intend this article to provoke a broad discussion of the role of intelligence in a constitutional republic during an era of accelerating change and terrible new dangers. The effort was inspired by workshops held under the auspices of the Deputy Director of Central Intelligence for Community Management, where government, private sector, and academic experts reviewed the challenges facing the Intelligence Community between now and 2015. Participants were guided by the National Intelligence Council’s “Global Trends 2015: A Dialogue About The Future, With Non-governmental Experts.”

A smart man never suffers certain defeat —Chinese Proverb

PublicIntelligence.net

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I think it is important for this type of information to get out...as the directing of populace opinion is a major aspect of intelligence.

And it isn't a new tactic either. And has many different tactics for implementation.

Comic Books To Be Used For 'Psy-Ops' in Middle East

While some manipulations may have good intentions and as well result in positive behaviour/results, I think that there is a lot of focus on provoking partisanship in many aspects of one's life...be it political, religious, economic (brand name identification) or even internalized conflict (the many different psychological labels propagated to induce insecurity in what may be a natural cause/experience).

Such division results in conflict that can have an effect on productivity and personal relationships...

This won't stop until people start realizing that they are being subtly manipulated by formulaic expressions and a contradictory media system.

This could take awhile.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Great Points MemoryShock!

This won't stop until people start realizing that they are being subtly manipulated by formulaic expressions and a contradictory media system.

This could take awhile.

Military, political, religious and a myriad of other propaganda have been used for centuries. With the current level of information flow almost instantaneously available to a huge segment of the population, it seems the society as a whole is on the verge of a mass awakening in thinking process. I'm not implying new age, 4D, anything spritual here - nor any utopian fantasy as dealing with many different emotive responses reacting to newly found information/insights will be stressful. The Church scandal is a great example of folks lifting their rote and habits and experiencing a realization about their thoughts (if not the process itself). Instantaneous flow of information delivered to a sufficient number of folks spread widely goes viral through broadcast media just like the internet. My thinking here is that widespread psyops turns completely ineffective once it has been discovered and people learn how to identify and contain the deceptive content or de-tune it completely (like using the ignore button).

This is going to take awhile, but it appears to me well under way!

gj

top topics

join