It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FCC Calls on Congress to Spend More Money to Push PBS-Style Government-Sponsored Journalism Onto Int

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

FCC Calls on Congress to Spend More Money to Push PBS-Style Government-Sponsored Journalism Onto Internet to Compete With Privately Funded Internet Journalism

The Federal Communications Commission’s National Broadband Plan calls for Congress to spend more tax dollars than it currently does on public broadcasting in order to push PBS-style government-funded journalism onto the Internet to compete with private-sector Internet journalism.

Read the full article here

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Just another shot at privately funded journalism by the government. They will keep shooting until it is dead, or we fight back.

This effects everyone who actually wants to read real news stories, or actual opinions rather than the forced fed thoughts provided by yours truly, the US government.

If you would rather listen to FOX News, NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN's stories written by their government paid journalists, then by all means keep giving these people the money they need to keep producing the nonsense they are spewing.

However, if you're like me, and would like to have alternative news take a stand and actually TRY to overcome the MSM [someday, sooner than later] then something needs to be done about this ASAP. No, I do not know exactly what to do, but do you? And if so, please share because I'm more than willing to stop this crap. The internet is our last stance, our last hope... and it's slowly, but surely, being taken away from us. Before you know it everything you do on the internet will be logged into some database and be categorized neatly so the government knows everything about you!
...............Oh Snap! That's been going on since the dawn of the internet!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
For anyone who cannot access the link in the OP here is in alternative link to the source: FCC Calls On Congress...

join