It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***NEW*** Pictures if the sun - Same Result

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Ok.

I started this thread here :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shot down a wee bit to be fair. But got "some interest"

I promised I would take more pictures, when the sun was near where it was, at roughly the same time of day, when the sky was clear.

So i did.
Keep in mind. I posted pictures in the last thread, showing the sun miles away from where it was, and nothing to show, No cameraflares/sundogs/hotdogs or anything.

This is what I got today.

2 pictures I took.
I have put both into negative.

Again, there is something there.
Could see it through my camera lense

hotdogs or flairy trousers ?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

The only thing I see in the images is a person with a really vivid imagination that desperately needs to put it in check!

But please...

Tell us what YOU see!

IRM

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I see the black dot, but that could be your lens creating that effect

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Those dots are probably your CCD saying goodbye to you...

Seriously, we have done this about a year ago on ATS. I even went outside to take pictures of the sun and behold....dots!!

I can't find the thread or the pictures i posted back then but if i find them i will add them to your thread.

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
ok.

I get all that, and got it in the 1st thread.

BUT, why am I only getting these when the sun is in that position in the sky.
Check the other thread, I posted pics when the sun was elsewhere.
..nothing.

I am not sitting here saying "look its there, i demand you all agree"

I am saying "I have taken pictures 4 times, 2 in the same place, 2 when the sun was in other places, the 2 times in the same place, same small things in view"

T'is all.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Wonder if it's the shadow of some geo-synchronous satellite- GPS, telecommunication maybe.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I found 'm!!

Before ATS Video&Media i used upload pictures to Photobucket and there they were....

Not exactly the same but cool non the less..

Sun

I believe back then the conclusion was that the power of the sun exceeds the limitations of your Charge-coupled device and could fry it...

Hope that helped?

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
ok.

I get all that, and got it in the 1st thread.

BUT, why am I only getting these when the sun is in that position in the sky.
Check the other thread, I posted pics when the sun was elsewhere.
..nothing.

I am not sitting here saying "look its there, i demand you all agree"

I am saying "I have taken pictures 4 times, 2 in the same place, 2 when the sun was in other places, the 2 times in the same place, same small things in view"

T'is all.

A better question is why are you getting it?
Why are all the people with solar telescopes missing it?
They're the ones taking worthwhile photos of the sun, one would expect a bombshell from anyone with a solar telescope if they saw something like a small planet or whatever you think that dot is.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I dont know, i see the dot jus up to the right of the sun, could jus as easily be anything though sorry squire, we will never know, though i wont laugh or heckle this is ATS and ppl are here for a reason, i know i have seen some strange sh*t in my time, check out my media pictures dude, theres some pics i took at like too late o clock (dates and times on the images) from a crappy 1.3megapixel phone camera that couldnt ever catch even the brightest star at night but there was a light for about a week that lookd like a hole in the sky basically, the pics dont do it justice but with my eyes all i cud say was WTF, man theres more out there that we can possibly ever imagine, proof is a luxury for the ppl who have never seen something that blows theyr mind.
peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Derised Emanresu
reply to post by shauny

I've had ten Bongs and 5 beers and I still can't see anything in the pictures you took.
But the green pringle chip box in front of me looks like Yoda.

Same, But i can see that brown dwarf thats behind the sun!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Am i missing something here? All I see is pictures of the sun?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dotkix

Its there.
Same as last time.
Took pictures at other times...nothing.
Took (as I promised) more pictures, when Sun was near same area and time.

Here :
A.

B.

Same as what was in last pictures, where (I am boring myself here) the sun was last time.

Look pictures again, sun had moved, different time of day,and nothing, not even a hotdog.

More people should try this.

The sun is exactly South when I take them, at about 1/2pm (GMT) british time

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hate to rain on your BBQ, but your camera is not designed to take pictures of the sun. It was designed to take pictures of pets and people making goofy faces.

If your interested in solar photography you need something like this

www.coronadofilters.com...

This one is actually fairly cheap at around $500 US.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by J-in-TX
I hate to rain on your BBQ, but your camera is not designed to take pictures of the sun. It was designed to take pictures of pets and people making goofy faces.

If your interested in solar photography you need something like this

www.coronadofilters.com...

This one is actually fairly cheap at around $500 US.

Im laughing with you.
I loved that reply.

Listen, if there has been GREAT debate about sundogs and lense flares, then I am sorry.

My only point, and in the great scheme of things, a crap, wee, stupid point (I HOPE). Is.

Why do these things only show up on my camera when the sun is in the same place on any given day I take a picture and get something wierd.

When I take a picture 3 hours before or 3 hours earlier (Full sun in sky, just a few inches over) i get no objects at all.

Have I said to myself "Shaun, stop posting these, as it may just be your camera is crap"....
...Yes.

But its just dead interesting and xfileyish.

So why not.
Who am i harming.

If im wrong...then i wasted seconds of my life.
If im right...we could all have seconds left

Either way.

is it an object - yes
can someone say 100% what it is - probably

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by J-in-TX

Whats that planet sized dot on the far-lower-left side of the sun on that link you just shared ? Plasma ? Or is it Nibiru ?

That being said, I must get myself one of those especially if you can see the sun as advertised.

Edit:

Here's the image

[edit on 3-4-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I've been following your other post and now this one and have to admit that I even threw a filter on my nikon and took a couple of pics when the sun was behind a think cloud cover so as not to burn out my beloved camera. I scoured the images and didn't find anything other than all the afore-mentioned flares/spots/dogs/ufo's, etc., etc.....

BUT, I would really like to add that I get your point! I am not saying that I think there is a mysterious object next to the sun, only that I too find it interesting that you have been able to replicate this image ONLY when the sun is in the same position.

SO....for all those that argue you have to have an open mind, please give the guy a break. I don't see this OP as trying to pass off this pic's as proof of anything, but is only trying to share what they think is something odd and possibly worth looking into. I too think that if there were, in fact another planetary body next to the sun, it would be smeared all over the media......BUT, that point alone is no reason to completely try to discredit what the OP is trying to point out.

SO...I say let's have an open mind and I at least will admit that I see the OP's point and thank them for sharing this, even AFTER being totally slammed on the other thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by shauny

I've been following your other post and now this one and have to admit that I even threw a filter on my nikon and took a couple of pics when the sun was behind a think cloud cover so as not to burn out my beloved camera. I scoured the images and didn't find anything other than all the afore-mentioned flares/spots/dogs/ufo's, etc., etc.....

BUT, I would really like to add that I get your point! I am not saying that I think there is a mysterious object next to the sun, only that I too find it interesting that you have been able to replicate this image ONLY when the sun is in the same position.

SO....for all those that argue you have to have an open mind, please give the guy a break. I don't see this OP as trying to pass off this pic's as proof of anything, but is only trying to share what they think is something odd and possibly worth looking into. I too think that if there were, in fact another planetary body next to the sun, it would be smeared all over the media......BUT, that point alone is no reason to completely try to discredit what the OP is trying to point out.

SO...I say let's have an open mind and I at least will admit that I see the OP's point and thank them for sharing this, even AFTER being totally slammed on the other thread.

Nobody is saying he can't share these pictures, we're just saying they aren't proof of nibiru.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Nobody is saying he can't share these pictures, we're just saying they aren't proof of nibiru.

He's not saying their proof of Nibiru either. You may want to (re)-read his posts. The only thing he compared them to was "hotdogs or flairy trousers", which personally I can't see.

To the OP; As well as repeating all the very good advice about being careful pointing your camera directly at the sun (same goes for your eyes too), I just want to say it looks like lens flare. You can probably achieve a similar effect with a light and some experimentation - if you have no regard for the life of your camera.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join