It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia Chief's Mistrust Festered, Friends Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Militia Chief's Mistrust Festered, Friends Say

The leader of a Michigan militia group charged this week with conspiring to kill law-enforcement officers was described Tuesday as a private, family-oriented man who nurtured a festering mistrust of governmental authority, according to people close to the family.

"On the inside of this man's brain, something evil lurks, and until you get to know him, you don't know it," said Andrea Harsh, who was engaged to David Brian Stone Sr. until the couple broke up last year.

She described Mr. Stone, a trim 45-year-old man who wears his whitish hair cropped short over spectacles and a bushy gray mustache, as having a "bubbly personality." But he became consumed by the Hutaree, she said, a southeastern Michigan militia group that described its members as "Christian warriors."

In an indictment Monday, federal authorities named Mr. Stone as leader of the Hutaree and accused him and eight members with plotting to spark an uprising against the U.S. government by killing police. Along with Mr. Stone, seven other men and one woman from Michigan, Ohio and Indiana are in being held without bond on weapons and sedition charges.

The indictment said Hutaree had practiced attacks and other military maneuvers for more than a year, and had planned to kill a law-enforcement officer, then use homemade bombs to attack officers who attended the funeral.

An undercover agent played a role in the investigation that led to Monday's indictments. Grand jury testimony by a law enforcement officer referred to an "undercover FBI agent" who worked on the case. The FBI declined to comment, but infiltration is a common tactic for law-enforcement officials targeting domestic militia groups.

Those charged in the case included Mr. Stone's current wife, Tina Mae Stone, 44; as well as two sons, David Brian Stone Jr., 19; and Joshua Matthew Stone 21. Attorneys for Ms. Stone, David Jr. and Joshua declined to comment Tuesday; the senior Mr. Stone had no attorney as of late Tuesday.

(emphases added by me)
Read the full article here

So, if I'm reading this article correctly, there was an undercover FBI agent involved with this militia group... if this is so, how come they were not taken down earlier, how come they were allowed to make bombs, plan their escapades and so on?

Was this FBI agent a double agent? Was he really apart of the militia feeding the group information from the inside? I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you this definitely seems odd, at the very least.

Comments?

[edit on 31/3/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Well, let me drop a couple articles on this thread.

Alarming Record of the F.B.I.’s Informant in the Bronx Bomb Plot

Lawyer Says Feds Created Terror Plot To Entrap Defendants

Lawyer: FBI Paid Right-Wing Blogger Charged With Threats

Here is the thing, the FBI and the government do not even care if these people are going to get off because of entrapment or other things. They have created the fear they want to associate with the militias.

They have created what they want.

Yes, these people may very well have said and done some things that are illegal.

Will it be released that the FBI actually instigated it? Will it be released that the FBI probably had all the ideas and plans themselves and just got these idiots to do it?

It does not matter if any truth comes out, they have created the illusion that all the militias are bad.

Well, too bad for the gov that the internet exists. Let us hope that they do not destroy that in their next step. Cannot have people actually asking questions and seeing the truth.

Sorry, if you have to push someone to do something, it is not terrorism. It is coersion of the arrested and terrorism by the government.

Terrorism definition-
-the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

-the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

-a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Now, who actually is the terrorist, if the government convinces the culprits to do what the government wants them to do?

Who is the terrorist, if the government's agenda is to demonize a group?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

You're very right, you said everything I wasn't able to dictate into words.

The thing is, our hope that the internet is our last chance, is really that... it is our last chance. And the government has already gotten what they wanted - FEAR into the masses.

FEAR can be taken away when people learn the truth YES. However, how many people watch TV compared to people who check the internet for alternative news sources? I'm just making a wild guess here but maybe something like 5% actually go online and check to see if what they're hearing is true or not.

I could be completely off on the statistic there, but there is no true way to find this out because it's impossible to ask everyone this question.

So, this just plain ol' sucks! People have been installed (almost like a program, actually JUST LIKE a program) with FEAR. We need to turn it all around and take the FEAR>>>LOVE.

Love for everything good. The only thing people should fear is, fear itself.

Edit to add: Can everyone who reads this please add some comments as well? I'd really like to see what everyone has to say not just about the OP but what endisnighe and I are talking about as well. Feel free to jump in and say whatever you wish people!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Well, you have to think of the dissemination of information also. My brother does not go on the internet.

But, when I ask if he has heard about something, yeah he states, he has.

People are talking and they are talking everywhere. Work, grocers, taverns, schools etc etc etc.

I believe the chaos theory is coming to fruition. The more you try to control something, be it a society, people, or information, the more it comes apart. The control shows through more and more, which in turn causes more and more chaos. Until poof, the information is out there.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yeah I guess I didn't equate people talking into my statistical guess did I?

But we also have to take into consideration how people do need solid proof to believe things. The government can be related to religion, very very easily.

Think about it, people believe in God or Allah or whomever or whatever they wish without seeing undeniable proof. People also watch the news and read articles written by the government, or people paid by the government, and believe it because it was the government who said it. They do this with no proof, and if there is any sort of proof it is falsified or taken out of context for the most part. (please do not turn this post into some sort of religious battle, I was merely using religion as something to relate too)

I'm not saying everything on the news is a lie, because it's not. But things are usually, if not always, blown out of proportion. This is the same problem we have with 'truthers' and such. People blow things wayyy out of proportion to make their point. Then the person who listened to said story, goes and shares it and gets laughed at, or even worse it gets exaggerated even more until it becomes a form of gossip.

We really need an alternative newspaper that people will buy. I would love to start one myself, but without money it is impossible.

I have been thinking about creating an internet magazine providing facts to stories in which have been falsified but I would need a lot of people to help and I really don't know where to start.

Maybe if I were to draw up a business plan, and propose it to someone who really cares about the truth being out there to the public, I could get financially backed... wishful thinking?!?

new topics

top topics

join