It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bible thumpers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i have read a milon posts and i can guarentee you that somewhere in one the post you will find one about god not to rain on anyones paraide but im an atheist and yes that means i dont beleive in this god and devil deal idk wht makes anyone think that a book written by man can be so close to something that was possibly never written in stone im intrested in thoughts on this so feel free to post anything just dont try to convince me that god exsists because IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by killer4281

i find this post to be one of the most enlightening things that I have ever read on ats it is very full of awesomeness so much so that I can hardly contain myself I like when people are so certain that they know more than billions and billions of other people that they are willing to put it all down in one slightly large but ever so eloquent sentence it fills me with awe I am sure it is quite a relief to have everything figured out I sure wish I had it all figured out but sadly that isn't the case, oh well I guess that is why I am the one responding to a thread but you are the one that is writing the thread because if I was the one with all of the answers, obviously I would be authoring more threads and people would be responding to them they would seek me out as a wise sage that is capable of answering even the most obscure question and you know what, that would be pretty sweet but I digress where was I oh yeah, you know what some people find it difficult to read when someone posts something in one large sprawling sentence but not me, I think it is the only way to go why waste time and energy on all of that stupid punctuation you know why, well neither do I but then again it has already been thoroughly established that I don't have all of the answers oh well, you what I wish there was a god because if there was I would ask him to make it stop raining, I am sick of the freakin rain but then again some people probably like the rain and who am i to impose my will on them, maybe next time or maybe god would be cool enough to only make it stop raining on me and I could just have a little tiny patch of blue sky follow me around all the time that would be nice but i work at night and that wouldnt make much sense to have blue sky following me around at night people would certainly start to ask questions and the next thing you know they might start calling me god and maybe even write a book about me and then force everyone to live just like me with the aspiration that someday maybe, just maybe they would have their own little patch of blue sky to follow them, LIVE AS I LIVE AND I WILL GRANT YOU THE KINDOM OF A LITTLE BLUE PATCH IN THE SKY.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i see that you have made several blogs. my intntion was not to claim to have all the answers but to make a statement that the whole bible thing comes into play way to often and shouldnt. and btw there is very little you or anyone else could do that would change my mind and the fact that you work nights has to do with? just asking im not trying to start an all out war im jus intrested in seeing the diffrence of veiws between people and how they react to things like this

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

You come with false hopes

Promise of blue sky

All I get, headache in my eye

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
there are many of us out there who are out at night and during the day that say that the bible is a book of fairy tales and as for not beleiving in anything i do beeive that there is a higher power such as the illuminate

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm confused about your intentions.
At first glance, I thought you were complaining about too much God talk.
At second glance, it looks as though you're inviting God talk, as long as nobody tries to convert you.
So what kind of subjects are you expecting people to cover?

I'm a former atheist myself, and I still remember what it felt like, so you don't need to tell me that Biblical arm-twisting doesn't work.

But I don't remember feeling any of the anti-religious aggression that sometimes turns up on this site. Quietly smug, yes. I can still read in my teenage diary a phrase about "standing on my own two feet in the universe". But aggressive? Where does that come from?

top topics

join