It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Human Remains of WTC Once Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why now is all I ask?

www.nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbofan
Why now is all I ask?

www.nypost.com...

Well, just guessing here, but it may have to do with the weather. The site is outdoors, it has been a rough winter and it is difficult to sift through frozen material.

Archealogical studies at construction sites are often delayed or postponed for the same reason.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
Archealogical studies at construction sites are often delayed or postponed for the same reason.

Thats funny, according to the official story all remains were identified through DNA.

Even before NIST came out with the new DNA testing.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by REMISNE

Let's try to stick to facts, please. Going off on tangents is inappropriate:

So far a handful of people whose remains were not found in the initial trawl through the rubble have been identified. But forensic scientists hope that when DNA identification begins in earnest more victims will be found, scientists at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences in Washington DC were told on Saturday.

After the September 11 attacks, 1,597 of the presumed 2,789 victims were identified from the DNA of 19,946 pieces of human remains found in the rubble. In October 2006 a further discovery of remains prompted another forensic operation.

www.guardian.co.uk...

That article from 25 February, 2008......

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by REMISNE

Originally posted by hooper

Thats funny, according to the official story all remains were identified through DNA.

Even before NIST came out with the new DNA testing.

Don't even know how to respond to that. It is wrong on so many levels. Please show me in the "official story" were they said all human remains from the WTC have been found.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Couldn't the money spent on more DNA testing and searching be spent on better things? Heck, write a check to the victim's families for God's sake.

We know what happened to everyone already.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think for many people there is a deep need for 'closure'. It is somehow comforting (and necessary) to many people to feel they have at least one fragment of their loved one, in order to complete the grieving and mourning, and 'bury' the person.

For instance, there are STILL ongoing efforts, even after four decades, to attempt recovery of any and all body part fragments from the Vietnam era, both the MIA (mostly Airmen shot down, and impacted at high speeds, so no intact bodies) or former POWs still unaccounted for....

As was mentioned this past weekend, it is a tribute to the US Government that the efforts continue....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

a three-month sifting operation will begin April 5 at Fresh Kills on Staten Island

that is an interesting name...."Fresh Kills."

Does anyone know the meaning behind that?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
"The name "Fresh Kills" refers to its location along the banks of the Fresh Kills estuary in western Staten Island."

per en.wikipedia.org...

answered my own question...

Just a weird coincidence....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffiriff

"Fresh Kills" --- comes from Dutch:

The name Fresh Kills, meaning "fresh creek," was given by Dutch settlers of the region in the 17th Century. Freshkills was and still more or less is a natural wetland, not unlike the low-lying Netherlands.

designtrust.blogspot.com...

See? Only a coincidence that in English "kills" means something other than 'creek'.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I tend to agree that many people didn't get the normal closure when they lost their loved ones like in a "normal death" such as an MVA, heart attack etc etc where a funeral would be conducted. I see no conspiracy here, just a little humanity.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

"Fresh Kills" --- comes from Dutch:

The name Fresh Kills, meaning "fresh creek," was given by Dutch settlers of the region in the 17th Century. Freshkills was and still more or less is a natural wetland, not unlike the low-lying Netherlands.

designtrust.blogspot.com...

See? Only a coincidence that in English "kills" means something other than 'creek'.

Beat me too it. "Kill" is a Dutch word meaning river or creek. In Philadelphia they have the Schuykill River meaning "hidden river".

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
I tend to agree that many people didn't get the normal closure when they lost their loved ones like in a "normal death" such as an MVA, heart attack etc etc where a funeral would be conducted. I see no conspiracy here, just a little humanity.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by mikelee]

I think too that with the material from the WTC there is always the possibility of finding additional victims. Unlike Shanksville and the Pentagon were the possible number of dead was pretty well known, with the WTC there may be victims as yet unknown.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

that is an interesting name...."Fresh Kills."

Does anyone know the meaning behind that?

KILL is old Dutch term for creek or small river. New York and Northern
NJ werer settled by Dutch in the 17th cent - England "won" the area
following a war in 1665

Many locations in area have "kill" in name, Ie., Fishkill (fish river), WalKill, Sawkill, etc

Fresh comes from fact that the water is fresh - not brackish or salty and
drinkable.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

I forgot to mention that so thanks for posting it! Very true indeed

top topics

join