It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personally met Ron Paul last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I was at the Morrison center at the Boise State University campus. I went with my uncle and we sat a few rows back from the stage. They had a few people opening but then at last came out Ron Paul, he spoke about ending the fed as well as condemning an attack on Iran; stating we should instead come to peaceful negotiations with them without surrounding their country with nuclear weapons.
He also touched upon bringing troops home and stop spending money on our forward bases in other country's such as Germany and Korea. Also he noted that the GDP of America has gone up slightly but also stated that even weapons manufacturing of bombs goes into the GDP, after the bomb is dropped and destroyed it has already placed it's tally in the GDP (very interesting).
He also talked about hounding on Bernanke and Geithner and instilling in the crowd the need to audit the fed and eventually end the fed. Overall it was a wonderful experience and the audience was all very polite and well mannered. Ron Paul moved freely through the crowd of people without any problem, really the security was very light if even noticeable.

At the end of the presentation I stood in line with my uncle to get his signature on his book 'Revolution'. After a few minutes I got my chance to shake his hand and told him I was a fellow Airman and that a lot of people at my base were supporters of the cause. He enthusiastically said 'thats good to hear!' and with a smile he handed me back my book and off I went, happy as could be. I met the man, Ron Paul, and I can honestly say that I felt a level of sincerity and trust in the mans presence. A fantastic night with great people, also at the end someone asked him if he was running for president in 2012. He just paused and then said nothing is decided yet, I took this as a sign he was going to do it. We'll just have to see! Go Ron Paul!

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Blood Eagle]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ron Paul should never become POTUS...his concept is more effective than what he would preform as...lemme show ya why

R.P. is pretty much a independant...he says he is part of the far far right republican party when pressured, however he is seen as a kook in his party because he challenges almost everything they are about.

If he was elected, this would cause perhaps the biggest bipartisan movement by congress...both sides would completely derail his presidency...because if he is shown to be effective, he would show that both partys are useless...the two big tents cant have that happen, so they would make sure to destroy the 3rd party.

If he is on the sidelines however, he can bark at the party members and bring traction that way. I think many of his fiscal concepts and non-interventionism is great...and many hear him...but he needs to remain on the sidelines verses pushed forward and castrated by the two partys that will destroy his philosophical stands.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Blood Eagle

That is awesome thanks for sharing this. Ron Paul is the man. Good you had some good news for him. Well I have met him in my dreams, but that's it.

join