It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 111 Tonight! GSP vs Hardy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
GSP is going to lay a serious shellacking on Hardy without a doubt. I don't even know how Hardy got this fight, he hasn't done anything outstanding the entire time he's been in the UFC. His only two noteworthy wins were versus Mike Swick and Marcus Davis and both of those fights had to go to the judges. I don't think GSP has much to worry about as far as his belt is concerned.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Frank Mir back in the octagon fighting for the interim heavy weight belt versus Shane Carwin. Mir as always been one of my favourite fighters.

MAIN CARD
Georges St-Pierre vs. Dan Hardy (for welterweight title)
Shane Carwin vs. Frank Mir (for interim heavyweight title)
Jon Fitch vs. Ben Saunders
Mark Bocek vs. Jim Miller
Fabricio Camoes vs. Kurt Pellegrino

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)
Jared Hamman vs. Rodney Wallace
Tomasz Drwal vs. Rousimar Palhares
Matthew Riddle vs. Greg Soto

7PM PACIFIC / 10PM EST

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have to agree. My money is on GSP and Mir.

Although I must admit I am salivating for the return of Lesnar!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lesner is entertaining to watch, but I'm still not sold on his actual ability. Sort of like that huge fat ass on the last Ultimate Fighter who would lay his gut across a guy and wait for them to suffocate in his folds lol I forget his name.

I'll be disappointed if Mir loses and we don't get to see Mir vs Lesnar III though.

PPV starts in half an hour... but I'll be waiting for the UFC fairy to visit the good people of the internet... where I will pay for it...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

GSP is the best!! Woohoo!!

Now the first two rounds werent too bad but the last three were kind of boring. I thought Dan Hardy was gonna tap out but he didnt. I also though his arm was gonna snap! That had to hurt.

Flag for you! UFC!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hardy has no bones! Those submissions were nasty, he must be some sort of yoga grandmaster in his spare time lol

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
GSP dominated, as suspected. I'm not sure how Hardy managed to avoid tapping in a few of those submission attempts. It was gruesome to even watch. GSP is taking a lot of criticism for his performance last night and I don't see it as justified whatsoever. If Hardy had of tapped, which almost any other fighter would have, nobody would be saying a word. GSP didn't stand and bang with him too much, but so what? While on the mat he worked it and worked it hard. He didn't just lay on top of him he worked his ass off and kept it interesting.

GSP has lacked a "YouTube" moment in recent years so the fans are starting to stir.

Just a year ago he put a vicious beating on BJ Penn, one of the best fighters in the world. Then against one of the best strikers in the word, he dominates a massive Thiago Alves in a 25 minute showdown where he barely even got hit. That's how good GSP is and he's taking heat because he's yet to face a level of talent that can match his own.

As for the Carwin/Mir fight, I could not get over the size that Frank put on. Good for him to do what it is he needed to do. He's far from done and will regroup. But fans are going to finally get what they deserve and that is a Lesnar/Carwin match-up! I can not wait!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
As for the Carwin/Mir fight, I could not get over the size that Frank put on. Good for him to do what it is he needed to do. He's far from done and will regroup. But fans are going to finally get what they deserve and that is a Lesnar/Carwin match-up! I can not wait!

Man I was so let down with Mir's performance last night, I was on my feet yelling at him to god damn well fight back and land something, christ. I'm getting all riled up just thinking about it, I don't know what he was thinking, he's so much better than that. I noticed that Mir looked really good too, he cut down pretty well and still came out huge.

I really want to see Mir take back the belt from Lesnar so I hope he retains it versus Carwin.

top topics

join