It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Today I am a little more resigned to the fact that our new healthcare bill is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future. The courts will side with the Federal Government; there will be no repeal; things will soon go back to politics as usual in Washington. No matter who wins in November, the American people will be the losers.

Both parties still say they have the right answers, and both party’s members pretty much believe them. Have Republicans had the bulb go off in their heads in the past year? A short time ago, they were spending like drunken sailors, the left was ready to throw the whole administration in jail.

No one has forgotten, it’s just that no one really cares. Sure there are a few, but not enough to make the difference needed. Not enough for real hope and change…

The majority of the public are still clinging to their parties, the parties are still clinging to their power and the idea of America is still slowly slipping from the minds of the people. Freedom is all you make of it. It cannot be given and it cannot be taken away.

The liberty bell has finally split into. United we stand, divided we crumble.

This probably sounds to many like giving up. I guess in some ways it is. I like to see it as my eyes finally opening; the vail is finally being lifted. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, no winners prize. We have all lost something in the battle. We will carry the damage and scars into wherever they take us.

Freedom is a state of mind. I am free.

I do not wish to debate to the point of trading blows with my brothers and sisters. I want to withdraw and live the way I know I was created to live. I can do that no matter what tomorrow brings, afterall that is all I have ever really wanted.

Life is short, and I have spent a great deal of it fighting the system.. trying to change it. I am the system. That is the fundamental belief seeded in the birth of America. The individual’s mind is far greater than any state. How we live and treat others are what we are judged on. The laws of men are weak because they are written to suit us. They are weak because we are weak; they are broken because we are broken.

Gandhi said: “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

I think now, more than ever, I understand what he was saying.

Note to mods: Sorry if this is the wrong place.. I won't continue posting it if it is.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yes you are now truly free.

They do not want us to think for ourselves, so they keep us distracted.
Enjoy your new world and may each minute be filled with happness .

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I am looking at the bright side of this HCR.... its waking people up to the left/right paradigm.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Good for you!
Yes, playing into the right/left paradigm is a futile waste of time and energy. They are two sides of exactly the same coin! I remain hopeful that we can continue to awaken hundreds of thousands, if not millions more by the upcoming elections. It would be fantastic to see EVERY one of the encumbents thrown out and replaced by Independent politicians who do NOT have a career in politics. However, we need to be cautious - the Independents will be "infiltrated" by those from the current paradigm masquerading as reform candidates. We've already seen this with Obama.

Pay careful attention to the backgrounds of the candidates in November!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

It would be fantastic to see EVERY one of the encumbents thrown out and replaced by Independent politicians who do NOT have a career in politics.

Term limits. That is the only way to kill the empire-building effect we currently have to live with.

Term limits. Maximum 2 terms in office. This will give the 3rd party and Indy's a much better chance of being elected.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by kozmo

Term limits. That is the only way to kill the empire-building effect we currently have to live with.

I think it needs to be greater than just term limits. As an example, the former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Cretien spent his entire working career (with the exception of 2 years) in the 'service' of the Canadian government. He held every available cabinet position before eventually taking the top job.

If we want to get the best and brightest into government make it a true contract job instead of a lifelong career where people bounce from job to job establishing a peer-group-think foundation. Triple the pay perhaps, but that's it; no benefits except maybe a tax break instead of a pension. Make government service like a sabatical from the private sector, someplace to augement one's career versus being the career.

On a final note, I mentioned Jean Cretien having worked all but 2 years as a government official...it's interesting that even though his entire life's salary is on record as it was directly paid by the government, he still managed to become a multi-millionaire with vast commercial holdings.

Curious that there is never any investigation about where politicians earn thier fortunes. The Canadian government pays well, but not well enough to go from a poor family to where he is now.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by [davinci]]

top topics

join