It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox help please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
When I copy and paste a post from Word into the reply box on ATS and hit 'post reply' Firefox keeps saying 'the document contains no data'. Its only started doing this today, I have no idea whats causing it and it's doing my head in!

Any help greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This Document Contains No Date usually indicates connection failed. To be more exact, the browser sends a request to a particular page, but the server failed to response within certain period of time, usually 60 seconds.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply. It does it straight away when I hit post and I'm connected. I think it somehow thinks there is nothing in the reply box when i cut and paste something in. I've had to just write gibberish which it lets me post and then edit the post straight away. When I edit it I just paste in what I wanted in the first place, and it lets me post it. If i try to edit again it says the same 'no data' thing. Wierd and annoying.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It isn't doing it with what I'm typing here, and think thats because im just typing it directly and not into word first. That's what makes me think it's something to do with the cut and paste.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just a thought:

Ms Word creates code within the text of the document. Try copying from word, paste into Notepad to strip all the unneeded code then recopy and paste into an ATS post.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Okay i'll try that, but it was doing it with no problem until today. I just started using firefox last week.

top topics

join