It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC: Ron Paul - We Have A One Party System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It is true, more and more people are catching on, but are they enough?
The tea parties have been infiltrated and is really hurting the GOP right now more than it intended to.

What do you guys think will happen in 2012?
Many hated Bush, Obama isn't much different but he has way more support than Bush still while doing the same.

Will the one party system crash?
Is it possible?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It wont crash. At least half of the people caught up in the Tea Party noise have no idea why they're upset. At least half of the clowns who bought into the 'wave of chope' are still riding it high with their eyes shut and fingers in their ears.

Nothing will change. the vast majority are still the lowest common denominator and are deaf, dumb and blind.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its possible, but only with major political reform. That reform will not happen because those in power intend to stay in power.

One quick reform example:

Restrict all campaign contributions to the district in which the elected official is running. For example, a congressman would only be able to raise money from people/businesses in that congressional district he represents, and from no one/nowhere else.

This would limit the influence of PACs (they would essentially need a physical presence in every district to wield the same influence as now), limit the influence of big business/unions (the individual branches/locals could donate to the rep in the district, but the big national money could not), and reduce the influence of the NATIONAL PARTIES (RNC & DNC), because they would not be allowed to except national money and distribute it down to the local districts, simply because the money did not get generated from within the district.

This first reform would lead the way to getting us some politicians that actually represent their district, leading to more reforms like needing a 60% majority to win an election (including a "none of the above" ballot option) or else the election needs to be rerun. Or a reform like going back to Senators appointed by and representing the state their from. (so as federal mandates that push the cost onto the states without the states having anything to say would stop)

Just a few thoughts, I have a million more on fixing the American system.

True political reform would be a painful, hard, and long (20 years?) process, but would strengthen the nation for the years to come.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My thoughts are in 2012 Republicans will get swept in as well as in 2010. But nothing will change. Like Dr. Paul said nothing short of full political reform will fix this replublicrat farce. As is apparent on this site there are too many who have been brainwashed by the left/right, repub/dem paradigm for anything short of a major epiphany will change anything. Case in point Nancy Pelosi, before dem control of the congress was spouting THE EXACT SAME talking points and rhetoric as Boenher is and has been lately. Both heads of the same monster only want one thing ...to solidify their own power. S+F MA

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Agreed with everything posted except for the idea of reform.

It will never happen. I am beginning to think we have no chance except for some state to file secession papers.

Millions will flock to the cause. And I mean millions.

Back to Constitutional Libertarianism, Non Interventionalism and a solid commodity based currency.

I think we need to find a state and all like minded individuals need to move there. The number of people moving there would create a growing economy in this depression. We need to do it now. My state can sustain itself. Our governor is retiring. Ripe for a new movement. I know Vermont is doing this also with the free staters. I do not think that state has a sustainable economic and agricultural ability though. Texas is ripe for the idea. Alaska. Wyoming. A few others. Time to make real change.

As for the Constitutional Congress move this past fall. I cannot seem to find out any response from the government. It is almost like it fell off the face of the earth.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I think my version of reform is a tad more extreme than the mainstreams( something more to the affect of an exit evaluation made up of an idependent board of common citizens [ala jury duty]that will evaluate each outgoing politician, which will also include options of filing criminal charges and repayment of salaries)...
Agreed with everything you wrote sir. The only thing that is of concern that we need to watch is this Amnesty bill that is on the deck next. Need to make sure there isn't a clause that allows any illegal that applies for amnesty the right to vote in nationals.Although I have a sneaking suspicion they will try and let that one slide under the radar.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by djvexd]

[edit on 26-3-2010 by djvexd]

top topics

join