It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel could use tactical nukes on Iran: thinktank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Israel could use tactical nukes on Iran: thinktank

www.washingtonpost.com

By Dan Williams
Reuters
Friday, March 26, 2010; 7:13 AM

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Deeply concerned as it is by the risk of a nuclear-armed Iran, Israel has never even hinted at using atomic weapons to forestall the perceived threat.

But now a respected Washington think tank has said that low-radioactive yield "tactical" nuclear warheads would be one way for the Israelis to destroy Iranian uranium enrichment plants in remote, dug-in fortifications.

Despite the 65-year-old taboo against carrying out -- or, for that matter, mooting -- nuclear strikes, the Center for Strategic and Int
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have my doubts about this but it does go to show How some people in power are thinking these days ! Crazy is the only word i can come up with........................................................................

www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 26-3-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I wouldn't take it too much too heart my friend... These people are paid to cover every scenario the mind can conceive.. There are even plans for alien invasions...

Good gig if you can get it I think.. Where do I sign up???

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
To be honest that is crazy talk... what level of redundancy is required to undertake such a mission!

I HATE the talk of nukes as it leads me to feel that when people start talking at the level of fear mongering and doom the world will hold it breath in fear of what could happen if only one nuke is dropped.

This level of spin is so that when conventional weapons are used, instead of outraged, people will sigh in releif it wasn't a nuke.

The psychological war is really hotting up and has me worried.

[edit on 26/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

I have my doubts about this but it does go to show How some people in power are thinking these days ! Crazy is the only word i can come up with........................................................................

www.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 26-3-2010 by paradiselost333]

Indeed we do question their sanity on a daily basis from the small things to the preposterous ideas you've just showed us.

To speak openly of pre-emptive strikes, an act that endangers the millions that live in the Nation since shallow nuclear strikes produce more fallout than surface/airborne detonations, is madness.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Have to agree with you a little... On nearly every night this week has been the very scary 70's film "The Day after" about nuclear war... Was up last night watching it... Scary stuff...

But these think tanks have been thinking up worst case scenarios for years dependant on the global political climate.... Strategic planning... However just in case I will be booking my place in Cheddar Gorge!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The cheek. Israel using it's own illegal nuclear weapons to attack a country it "suspects" of trying to acquire nuclear weapons. Atleast the international community can inspect Iranian facilities. Like others have said though, this would never happen..and god help us if it did.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Illegal???? We didnt sign the NPT so how are they illegal?... Cheek!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Maybe the fact that Israel won't let the IAEA anywhere near their nuclear facilities, and won't openly admit to having nukes...

at least Iran have let inspectors in and admitted to working on nuclear technology for peaceful means.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by Solomons

Illegal???? We didnt sign the NPT so how are they illegal?... Cheek!

Read your post again, you've answered your own question!
Israel, a country with OVER 130 UN Resolutions passed against it, including the following - Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone in Mideast (Dec 16 1993) UNGA Res 48/78 - Israeli Nuclear Armament (Dec 16 1993) UNGA Res 48/94. THAT is what makes Israel's nuclear weapojns illegal! No other country in the world has as many UN Resolutions passed against it - NONE! They stand in defiance of the entire world!

The hypocrisy that they would even consider using nuclear weapons against a country in order to prevent it from "ALLEGEDLY" building nuclear weapons is the height of arroance!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Israel has nukes... Nearly 170 of them... Its an open secret... Even more than the UK...

Supplied by the the G7 countries.. GB supplied the heavy water.. France too.. And America.. We already had the expertise as it was us who built the damn things for you in the first place...

We haven't signed the Bio/Chem treaty either... What do you say about that??

However we have never used such weapons.. America did.. But we DID build them for them.. The UK capability too was built by my people.. However do I agree with it? Up to a point.. Israel is surrounded by enemies.. The deterrent aspect then is what I agree with.. However there seems to be a madness in the Knesset at the moment with many bizarre decisions that seem to surpass stupidity... Very strange and a little unnerving...

The talk though is coming from the US think tanks and not Israel... But unless they know something we don't then maybe there is something to worry about..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I know that there are people here who see word "Israel" and immediately loose all capability to use high cognitive functions. There surely are none on this thread, but IF such people would read it:

But now a respected Washington think tank has said that low-radioactive yield "tactical" nuclear warheads would be one way for the Israelis to destroy Iranian uranium enrichment plants in remote, dug-in fortifications.

Washington is not in Israel, to best of my knowledge. Washington Post is not official Israeli source, it is not even Israeli mass media. Washington think tank is not Israeli think tank, nor part of Israeli military.
So? Cheek... Arrogance...
By the way, personally i think it is unacceptable since one cannot cry about possible nuclear threat and use actual nuclear strike to counter a "possible" one. This is madness. So i am glad that official Israel is not into it.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by kozmo

Israel has nukes... Nearly 170 of them... Its an open secret... Even more than the UK...

Supplied by the the G7 countries.. GB supplied the heavy water.. France too.. And America.. We already had the expertise as it was us who built the damn things for you in the first place...

We haven't signed the Bio/Chem treaty either... What do you say about that??

However we have never used such weapons.. America did.. But we DID build them for them.. The UK capability too was built by my people.. However do I agree with it? Up to a point.. Israel is surrounded by enemies.. The deterrent aspect then is what I agree with.. However there seems to be a madness in the Knesset at the moment with many bizarre decisions that seem to surpass stupidity... Very strange and a little unnerving...

The talk though is coming from the US think tanks and not Israel... But unless they know something we don't then maybe there is something to worry about..

Hmmm... there is alot to comment on in your post. Let us begin with WHY does Israel need more nukes than the UK? Wouldn't a handful suffice as a deterrent? Next, you failed to address the fact that I have PROVEN to you that the possession of your nukes is in fact ILLEGAL!
Next, the G7 countries DID NOT supply Israel with nukes, Israel supplied Israel with nukes. France gave them the technology and ability. Israel built them unilaterally, in secret.

Next, what do I say about Israel not signing the Chem/bio treaty? I say I am not the least bit suprised. Given Israel's history, human rights violations, and track record of defiance of world laws and treaties etc... I am not suprised at all. To sign it would mean severe reprise when they use them against the Palestinians - if they haven't already.

Now I do agree with the fact that Israel is surrounded by enemies - many of them by Israel's own making. Others due to pure racial bigotry. AND... I also concur with Israel's right to defend itself and have deterrents. But why not do it LEGALLY within the construct of the world community?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
With the cooled relations now going on between Israel and the US, I personally don't think Israel will unleash any sort of nuclear devices, unless it is disguised as a terrorist bomb. there will be no long range missile strike in anyone. Why? Because if they would do that now, right now, America would join the rest of the world at condemning Israel for the deed. Besides, some of the other Israeli enemies would surely turn the country into a sea of glass in retaliation, and Israel seems to have a great many enemies, in fact, they are surrounded by them!
Israel's Most Dangerous Enemies
As you can see, it would be suicide for Israel to missile strike anyone right now, they stand alone. This is just more sabre rattling to get more money from those who deem it necessary to support Israelis like they were Gods on Earth.....already the country gets the equivalent of $2500 for every man, woman, and child from the many donations from the US. Every Christian Church and it's members support Israel, no matter what they do, what terrorist acts they perform in innocents. The US supplies everyone over there with weapons too, except the Palestinians, and this makes one wonder at why this is.....

Can't you all see? The only reason that little parched piece of land is fought over like it is, is because it is believed the Annunaki used that area for their Control Center when they were here last. It stands to reason that when and if they come back here, they will want their old control center back, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I doubt Israel would risk being turned into a Glass Region from the other Super Powers around the Globe.

Don't forget the ramifications of using Nuke's in the Middle East do envelope the European Union, Russia, China. Now that some serious retaliation and as its has been discussed behind closed doors, the U.S. will not stand in the way or support Israel if an all out battle developed between the above regions.

The U.S. along with the U.N. would ultimately seek a cease fire but that would be too late to stop the outcome. On a black side of think tanks, that would also cleanse the U.S. of the Israeli Middle East problem on all fronts. Perhaps the U.S. isn't that stupid as some may feel they are.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I do not like to argue on moot points because the fact remains that Israel HAS nuclear capability, however we was indeed aided by France, UK and The USA.. The program was done in secret.. The same way that all other nuclear programs were done in secret by your own nation too...

To make it clear from my own position.. I hate nuclear weapons.. I do not laud the fact that ANY country has this capability.. It scares the crap out of me to be honest and makes me wonder about the human race as a whole who would conceive such a weapon... They are an evil I cannot even describe.. As are all weapons for that matter... The day when swords get beaten into plowshare's cannot come to soon.. It would thankfully put people like me out of work and for that day I can't wait.

However with the mood in Israel at the moment and the way that America is also cooling its relationship.. It will just re-enforce the siege mentality and the attitude that the world is against us that pervades my people and will cause Israel to act even more unilaterally..... Marginalization and the snubs from the Whitehouse will only make a stubborn and fearful people more soo.....

Once Israel looses respect and support from allies then I can assure you that the current madness will escalate..

However... As ZeroKnowlege said... The talk is coming from America and NOT Israel... And America is known for being paranoid even about her own government..

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Stupid Hitler, we wouldn't even be having this conversation today had he not been such an utter failure.
The next nation that uses a nuke will be on $HIT list. There's already one on that list, but there is room for more.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Stupid Hitler, we wouldn't even be having this conversation today had he not been such an utter failure.
reply to post by Divinorumus

Please clarify that remark......

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
there is no difference between a tactical and strategical nuke... effect are the same and physics are the same...

The only one difference is in the head of generals, politics and stratèges.... They say :"10 kilotons is a tactical nuke and 10 megatons is strategical nuke"... But people under the nuclear mushroom don't make the difference !

If you start speaking using tactical nuke because it's safer than strategical nuke, I guess we are next to the end...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Please clarify that remark......

You need clarification? Come on, while I pride myself on being the least racist person I've ever known (even my kids are half white half asian, as I am white and my ex-wife, both of them, were asian), I make an acception when it comes to the jews. Talk about RACISTS, they are the worse arrogant stuck up people on the planet today (followed by the muslims, and then the christians next). They think of themselves as extra special, above all others. They think of themselves as the chosen ones and everyone else is not. THAT is not only racist and arrogant, but it's also an INSULT to the rest of us, and so I spat in their face for THAT!

The world can do without THEIR KIND of arrogance and elitism and racism!!! They are worse than Hitler and HIS supremacy attitude. Jewish supremacy is just as disgusting as white supremacy. While white supremacy is on the decline, something needs to be done about jewish supremacy next!!! Until THEY knock it off with their superior attitude, they are just as bad as Hitler and his followers were. Did you know them jewish people think so highly of themselves that they won't even eat the same foods as us, it's not good enough for them, they think they deserve extra special food made just for them. "We are the special chosen ones, above all you other low lifes out there." Yeah right .. go to HELL arrogant racists of the world!!!

top topics

join