It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measures taken for pilots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I found this interesting and just wanted to let everyone know. Apparently, in lieu of the war on terrorism, there are now precautions taken for anyone who has a piloting license. On your plane ticket, there is a small indicator if you have or ever had a piloting license, and you will be checked very carefully before you are ever allowed to get on the plane.
I have family members who are pilots, and they noticed this glitch. Their spouses are never checked as closely.
I can understand where they are coming from, but a way, doesn't it seem they've taken it a little too far. One of the men that I know of was 75 years old.
What do you all think? Does anyone have a piloting license and have experienced this? Have you taken a look at your plane tickets since 2001?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I dont think age is a exponent here. I doesnt matter if you are 15 or 75, you can take down a plane, if you know how.

I think this is a great idea, why not really? You are not paying for this small indicator, but it quite possibley save your life.

Anything to make flying safe again I guess.

join