It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modifications to your current car

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

All I've done with the interior is get the matching wood center bezel instead of a plastic tray that was in there originally, and the Ram iPad cradle. I'm not a big audiophile and she came standard with a high end Bose system with sub and rear seat entertainment. There is is one thing I've been thinking about and it's a lockpick cause GM navs systems are poop ... but I've heard bad stories with my specific nav which includes the Hybrid drive display, so I might play it safe and leave that be.

ETA: Love the EVO btw.

edit on 4 Aug 2011 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That thing came with all that stuff in it? Wow, talk about living it up

The lock pick thing looks pretty tight. I don't have an iPod I use a Sansa Fuze+ 16 gig with a 16 gig micro SD.

sandisk.com...

Same concept just a bit cheaper. I really like it, just wish I had a 32 gig SD card.

Raist

Thanks, the evo is nice gets around great in all weather situations. Of course you might be able to go through some deeper stuff than me

edit on 8/4/11 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Thanks for the comment, not sure who manufactured the IC, it's 4x24 unit I purchased thru Exotic Performance in Ohio, was shipped from someone in LA. Car weighs ~ 3500 with me in it, best ET is 9.62, best MPH is 142.

I have an unmodified 2001 Z28 daily driver that gets 24mpg too.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark98SS

Your car weighs about what mine does. You must have done some serious weight reduction

I am only running a 3.5" FMIC looks like you have another .5" on me.

A 9 second car is pretty good, nice speed. What WHP you have on that thing? From the photo you have massive torque going, looks like you hooked good. I would like to see you run a few of the local guys around here. Our closest track is only a 1/8th mile though. You would be down that in no time

When my build is done I will most likely be in the 10 sec range. Not adding a lot to it just some basic bolt-ons. Was going to do a slightly upgraded turbo (little bit bigger housing and hot side), but after talking with the guy who is going to tune my car I decided a little bigger cams would be a better way to go for now and will be around $500 cheaper.

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't know the RWHP, it's track tuned. The weight/mph calculators suggest north of 700.

10sec Lancer is not too shabby, don't know much about them but be careful not to go too big on the cams as you could bleed off boost to a point of diminishing results. Got meth injection on it?

Pic of the motor:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Nice clean engine bay.

Even 700 rwhp is sick.

Sorry I meant 11 second, and it would be high 11's at that. Stock the evo can pull anywhere from a very high 12 to mid 13s with a good driver. I on the other hand am not that kind of driver. I would need serious driver mods to get that kind of launch

The cams as pretty mild only adding 50-70 whp. I will only need to upgrade my springs and not the gears with these. Like I said I am doing a pretty tame build. I will have a psi level of around mid 20's I am sure at this point I am running 20 psi just a few pounds above stock.

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

hi Raist, think I may have it so heres a few pics (only put on 8 or so pics, more to follow), my car is by no means as fast as yours however that dont count when your just trying to build a "different" car, hope you like

just click on my albums when you go to the "link"

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jambo440

Almost got it. The link is not working even if I copy it into a new page.

If you want just go to your album page and copy the URL at the top and past it in your post. I will help you get you photos embeded if I can.

Raist

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Here is an example of an 320 whp evo (on a mustang dyno) that hit mid 11's.

Granted I cannot drive and launch like this driver but if I hit close to the 350 whp on a road tune (tuned on the road vs. on a dyno so you get true wheel load) my car should be close to the same. This car also has stock turbo, which is what I am planning for.

I have to admit I am a bit of a evo "fanboy" much of the time. However, I do respect and see the pure performance of cars such as yours.

My biggest problem is I need driver mods but I am afraid to break stuff

After I get my tune I will have my two step (a launch control rev limitor) which will be set at 5500 rpms. I doubt I will ever use it but I admit I think hitting the two step sounds cool.

Evo two step sound..

***Basically for those who do not know a two step allows me to launch the car at 5500 rpms while slipping the clutch a bit. This allows a car with AWD to get a lead on cars it is racing with only a 2WD system due to lack of wheel spin (unless the car has huge whp).***

Your car rocks the tracks for sure and could take mine I am sure of that. I can say though that I can get around in the winter with mine really nicely though

sorry had to toss that in.

Raist

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

omg , am useless eh haha, I'll try again, did you see the car on Utube yet, Its not a 10 second car haha, only ran in the 14s at best but the car wasnt set up yet at that race and hadnt put in the 1.7t gearbox, had the nos in it 2 years ago but kept eating gearboxes, 4 in total so binned the nos and went for a lower ratio gearbox from the turbo'd version, much better !

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The yellow car runs pretty good. Talking about getting around in the snow, if there's even a slight threat I drive my 4wd Silverado. Had to abandon the Camaro once on a slight uphill grade on the interstate in stop & go traffic, 1 inch of snow.

Link to my you tube page, featured vid is a run a few years ago before I got the new motor, 8psi on the stock motor. How the heck do I get my pics to show instead of the Fr@#%% "external link"?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark98SS
The yellow car runs pretty good. Talking about getting around in the snow, if there's even a slight threat I drive my 4wd Silverado. Had to abandon the Camaro once on a slight uphill grade on the interstate in stop & go traffic, 1 inch of snow.

Link to my you tube page, featured vid is a run a few years ago before I got the new motor, 8psi on the stock motor. How the heck do I get my pics to show instead of the Fr@#%% "external link"?

www.youtube.com...

I'm having the exact same issue's, i have photo's in my media centre, how do you upload those

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If I am typing the link in that embeds I have to do something special to get it to show. If I am using my photobucket I can just click it's embed link and it auto copies.

Okay the special thing I do for other images is I add a letter m to the coding only on the first part it looks like this *[*imgm*]* minus the * of course. I only do this on any image that is not on photobucket. For some reason photobucket links work fine with the same coding that I could type in without the extra m.

Raist

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Link your photobucket almub page only (without any coding). I will tey to get the pics to embed.

If you do have them on photobucket though you could run your mouse over the photo and a box will drop down offering links. Out of the four offered the very last is an image code link that will auto copy if you just click on it.

Raist

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Woot
edit on 8/6/2011 by Mark98SS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Link your photobucket almub page only (without any coding). I will tey to get the pics to embed.

If you do have them on photobucket though you could run your mouse over the photo and a box will drop down offering links. Out of the four offered the very last is an image code link that will auto copy if you just click on it.

Raist

Many thanx to you Raist, couldnt have done that without you, hope you like

edit on 7/8/2011 by jambo440 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
more pics to follow in various stages of modification, forgot to add, the interior had a digital rev counter, fuel ratio gauge and temp gauge fitted to centre console, Toad alarm and Toad "laserkey" immobiliser fitted for security, the rear wing mounted ariel was removed and smoothed over and a "bee-sting" style ariel fitted to centre of the roof at the back, rear arches had the inner lip cut out to accommodate the drop and a rear "lay flat" wiper fitted to the rear window, had the standard spoiler removed and the bootlid smoothed then fitted a silly carbon fibre high leg spoiler then removed that not long after fitting it (didnt like it and killed top end speeds) in favour of a no spoiler look, so again had to smooth over the bootlid

"you can sleep in your car but you cant drive your house"
edit on 7/8/2011 by jambo440 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
few more for your perusal

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Nice and clean. It would look sweet with tint on the rear window.

In the picture it sort of looks like your car peed

Raist

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Awesome.

Glad I could help.

That thing is pretty nice looking. If you did some weight reduction you might be able to get some better time at the track. Unless you are like me and you really don't race much (I don't race just like to drive fast).

Can you add a supercharger or turbo to it?

Here is your YouTube video btw. If you want to see how to embed them quote my post an look at the coding. But you basically just copy and paste every thing that is after the =.

For intstance in your video you would copy and paste this in the coding 1gYVQ5nnPaA

and the add the coding to get this.

Raist

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join