It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now we have taxes on tanning?!?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Enjoy you're nanny state where big brother will hold you're hand in EVERYTHING you say, do or buy.

That's what it seems to be. It seems like the Dems just want a bunch of "victims" to keep voting them into office.

"Hey, vote for me! I got you healthcare!! I got you citizenship!"

Seems to me that the "victims" are the ones complaining that they have been "forcefully raped" by healthcare.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by RestingInPieces

And you don't see this as a problem? you don't see this new tax as a potential danger to putting a lot of small businesses, tanning places, out of business?

I thought Obama was supposed to be creating jobs, not encouraging people to avoid stimulating the economy?

I don't really agree with the health care bill but i am a big hater of tanning salons. I am all for taxing the hell out of products that are going to kill you, like cigarettes. If you are stupid enough to go to a tanning salon or smoke cigs, you should be paying extra money.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hey, come move to Ontario, Canada, where as of July 2010 you can pay 15% "Harmonized" sales taxes on EVERYTHING from haircuts to food and yes, tanning.

The general issue is that our governments are forcing these new laws and taxes down our throats without the oppinion or even knowledge of the population.

Now you guys are facing new taxes on everything THEY
consider "unhealthy" to support your bogus health plan, just like we are facing an 8% tax increase on all necessities of life in the guise of stimulating the economy and helping small buisneses thrive.

Lets just see how frickin' stimulated our economies are going to be when when only the select few can afford to indulge in what these buisnesses have to offer.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Relax people... how many of you actually use tanning beds?

Also, the rationale that this is picking on a niche business and threatens to put them out of business seems baseless. I think the rationale behind a tax on such places is that they provide really no substantial health-benefit and actually can increase risk of skin-cancer 3 times greater than natural sunlight. So in a sense, this is already taxing on peoples' health and the nation as a liability.

Here are some links to the actual science behind the risks of tanning beds:

www.who.int...

fcs.tamu.edu...

www.health.harvard.edu...

healthpsych.psy.vanderbilt.edu...

Most of those links are redundant, but I figure I'd post them to bolster the science and just in case anybody desired.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

OMG i just heard there is gonna be a tax on mint flavored napkins..but only on sunday...phew..cool

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Obviously you can't differentiate between free and paid services?

Let's say a tanning bed cost 70 cents a minute, and someone uses it for a half an hour. It cost $21 add a 10% tax on there. It's now $23.10

A friend with a dermatological condition was being charged $250 a half hour for this at the doctors office till he found out that the treatment bed at the medical office was exactly the same as the tanning bed.

He now treats him self at the local tanning place a lot cheaper.

I hope some tanning places go out of business so i can buy a used tanning bed for my home.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join