It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Protesters yell racial slurs at congressman

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zedd31415
Wow, assuming too much. Assuming that the congressmen aren't exaggerating. Assuming that the entirety of the protesters were spitting and hurling insults. Assuming that that the Huffington Post isn't exaggerating, as i think we can agree that the Post is mildly liberal and supportive of Obama.

There were thousands of protestors, and yet only three instances of disrespectful behavior, and Clyborn relates it to the 1960s civil rights protests? Come on.

The spitting did seem to occure. One incident.

Congressman Spit On By Tea Party Protester (VIDEO)

Cleaver released a statement confirming the incident, but some questioned his claims. Fox News personality Sean Hannity asked if there was any evidence proving that it had actually happened, and Tea Party groups offered a cash reward for proof.

Now video has emerged. Take a look and judge for yourself:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

The spitting hippie was a liberal plant, the same type that would spit at the soldiers upon their return from Viet Nam.

With so many video cameras and video phones out there, a Lewis video should have surface by now.
As far as I know, Andrew Breitbart still has his $10,000.

Breitbart offers $10k reward for proof that n-word was hurled at John Lewis

Andrew Breitbart, on his Big Government web site, is offering $10,000 for proof that U.S. Rep. John Lewis was assaulted with the n-word last Saturday in the run-up to the vote on health care.

This is the same web site that first put up the footage of ACORN staffers in Baltimore, giving advice on how to avoid paying taxes on cash acquired through prostitution.

Quote from Andrew Breitbart
It’s time for the allegedly pristine character of Rep. John Lewis to put up or shut up. Therefore, I am offering $10,000 of my own money to provide hard evidence that the N- word was hurled at him not 15 times, as his colleague reported, but just once. Surely one of those two cameras wielded by members of his entourage will prove his point…..

Rep. Lewis, if you can’t do that, I’ll give him a backup plan: a lie detector test. If you provide verifiable video evidence showing that a single racist epithet was hurled as you walked among the tea partiers, or you pass a simple lie detector test, I will provide a $10K check to the United Negro College Fund.

link

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I once attended a Methodist Seminary in Ohio (though for just a short time). The major "claim to fame" of this seminary was that they were "inclusive." However, it didn't take long for me to discover that their inclusiveness only included those whose beliefs agreed with theirs.
I can see the exact same mind-set among liberals. "We believe that everyone's opinion counts!" How many times have we heard that from liberals? Well, then, if everyone's opinion counts, why are those in the Tea Party being demonized? If you are a liberal and believe that all opinions are valid, then please do not be hypocritical and be so dismissive of another's opinion.
As for the racisit remarks presumably shouted at a congressman, $100,000 has been offered to the NAACP's scholarship fund and another $100,000 to any individual who can produce audio and video proof that racist remarks were shouted. To date, no claim has been made for the money.
In my humble opinion, whenever the liberals feel as though they are losing an argument/debatet, they will use the racist label to shift the focus from the issue being discussed to an "If you believe this then you must be a racist." It is petty and undignified.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join