It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lorry shunt motorway footage sparks probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Lorry shunt motorway footage sparks probe

news.bbc.co.uk

The footage, which was posted on YouTube, shows the truck travelling along the A1(M) near Wetherby with the Clio trapped in front.

"However, in light of the new evidence that has come to light we are reinvestigating the collision and the matter has today been passed to our major collision inquiry team and inquiries are ongoing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-3-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I was browsing the international news television channel's today and have seen plenty of wacky video's sent in. However when I saw this video you just explain to me how on-earth did the driver of this big freight load travelling at motorway speeds not come under suspicion with screeching tyres sounds and the possibility of a slight brush to the front of his lorry?

Either he did know and in the loss and confusion of how to react to this situation to be fair would be quite horrific to experience, he must have panicked and decided to allow his heavy load to come to a slow stop.

I'm sure we will all find out when the Authorities re-open their investigation and find out more information from the lorry driver that was sent home that following wednesday when the video was brought to the attention of his employer's.

Core what an embarrassement to his employer's and the physcological damage he has brought upon that driver in the blue clio.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-3-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Well, it looked pretty wet and he was driving a tanker, plus his break lights are on, so one can only assume that in order to minimise the risk to everybody he decreased his speed slowly. I am not 100% certain, but it looks he might have his hazards on as well.

Apparently, the Police did attened the incident in january and found the two vehicles on the hard shoulder. I am sure that if there had been anything untoward, they would have acted. After all, the female driver of the blue car was uninjured and would have given a statement as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
He wouldn't have been able to see the vehicle and would have assumed he had encountered a problem with his accelerator.

This happened in Australia too in a tunnel. The truck/lorry drove for a fair distance before realizing it had clipped the rear quarter of a car and that the car was stuck sideways in front of it. There's video of it. Search for "domain Tunnel" on youtube.

edit: nvm i'll post it.
www.youtube.com...

the camera was in the car because they were filming a report on how dangerous the tunnel was. some people think it was staged and that both the truck driver and the sedan driver were stunt drivers but it hasn't been verified.

[edit on 18/3/10 by Nventual]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder if this was a viral video myself.

Lets face it, a dice-with death would send anyone (especially with this story) to a MSM paper such as The Sun the next day. Why did it take so long for this video to appear, and no other, including Road-side camera's?

My bet is that the car has been welded onto the front of the Lorry as a joke, part of a advertising gimmick or practical joke. To which the police later attended (or participated in) and deemed no harm was done.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Then the Police would have said so and wouldn't be investigating it now. They don't like wasting their time you know. Also, the haulers are also pretty adamant this is a real event too.

What are you basing your "theory" on, exactly?

EDIT: Had it been a "prank" then arrests would have been made, as that is obviously illegla to do such a thing and then travel on the M1...

[edit on 18/3/10 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I just don't see how a lorry of that size can..

1. Crash into a car and miraculously leave it intact (including ALL the windows and bodywork around it)

2. Pick it up off the ground, off ALL 4 wheels, carry it along a Motorway at some 50+ mph without vortexcies swiping the car off the Lorry's Bonnet and into oncoming traffic, especially making manouvers to get onto the Motorway and across the Fast-Lane.

3. Was none of the hundred of other drivers also passing the Lorry oblivious to this car being stuck on the front and not try to stop it?

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
1. Crash into a car and miraculously leave it intact (including ALL the windows and bodywork around it)

How can you tell that from the video? If you look closely as the truck passes the car with the camera, you can see sparks flying up from the ground where the car is being shunted.

2. Pick it up off the ground, off ALL 4 wheels, carry it along a Motorway at some 50+ mph without vortexcies swiping the car off the Lorry's Bonnet and into oncoming traffic, especially making manouvers to get onto the Motorway and across the Fast-Lane.

It's not all four wheels off the ground, again look at the sparks. The Lorry doesn't have a "bonnet" either, its flat at the front, with the side of the car being relatively flat too. It's entirely feasable and probable that the car can be shunted. It also depends on the relative speeds of both vehicles as the colldied, the angle of collision etc.. All of which isn't in the video, so your just making assumptions based on nothing.

3. Was none of the hundred of other drivers also passing the Lorry oblivious to this car being stuck on the front and not try to stop it?

How do you know they weren't? That info isn't available in this video. The Police were called, weren't they? This video was taken, wasn't it?

Listen, the Police attended and no arrests were made. Neither the car driver nor the truck driver had done anything "wrong" so no arrests were made, hence your "fake" theory is blown out the water straight away.

Had they "welded" a car to the front of a truck then proceeded to drive at 60 odd MPH down the M1, I can gurantee that arrests would have been made and the firm responsible for such a "viral marketing" gimmick would be prosecuted under H&S and traffic laws.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
...this is clearly a stunt... that the bbc is broadcasting this video gives it no validity... they also broadcasted that wtc building #7 had collapsed 20 mins before it did... its entertainment, folks - not fact-based journalism...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

If that was the case, why have the Police continued to investigate this?

I am becoming convinced that as we head towards 2012 and what have you, the reality behind "timewave zero" isn't some measure of something mystical, it's just a total of mankinds collective IQ...

First we have birds obviously hitting invisible UFO's and now we have the Police in cahoots with viral marketeers...

[edit on 18/3/10 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I just don't see how a lorry of that size can..

Did you see my post with the video if it happening in Australia?
I've even heard stories of people who the same thing has happened to. It's happened heaps, just hasn't been recorded much.

Your 3rd point is funny. Yeah I'm sure if you were there you'd have drove in front of the truck and braked to stop it - good luck with that.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm sure any right minded person with a brain (and natural instinct to help another in danger), unaware it was a publicity stunt, would have tried to flag the lorry driver down rather than simply get infront.

Although saying that a woman drove some 12 miles with a young child holding onto the back of her car some years ago, oblivious to the desperate pleads of other drivers for her to stop. So who knows.

new topics

top topics

join