It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Climate Hacking Scheme Could Load Oceans With Neurotoxins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Of all the planet hacking possibilities floated as last-minute ways to stave off a climate catastrophe (building a solar shade for the Earth, injecting the atmosphere with sunlight-reflecting aerosols, etc.), iron seeding seems one of the more practical and feasible ideas. The scheme calls for the fertilization of patches of ocean with iron to spur blooms of plankton, which eventually die, sink, and sequester carbon at the seafloor.

However, worries over the consequences of tinkering with the ocean ecosystem have held up plans to attempt this. And now, in a study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers claim that such a plan could risk putting a neurotoxin into the food chain.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Iron seeders have targeted the large swaths of ocean surface with high levels of nitrate and low chlorophyll, where an injection of iron could potentially turn a dearth of plankton into a bloom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c752e91aeb00.jpg[/atsimg]

What are they trying to do here, seems like they are going to kill us one way or the other, enough is enough.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Its only the future of mankind and this beautiful planet we inhabit that's at stake.
Surely you don't expect anyone to show an interest?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why do i get the feeling that the AGW people are trying to stop anyone from fixing global warming in a way that the AGW people do not make billions.

Is it just me or are others seeing the same response from the AGW people.

As for adding iron the dust clouds from the African deserts do this every year.

So do the clouds of pollution from china.

These people just want to do it on a larger scale.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Why do i get the feeling that the AGW people are trying to stop anyone from fixing global warming in a way that the AGW people do not make billions.

I don't know.
Could it be because you despise people who disagree with you and automatically attribute the worst possible motives to them?

Or do you think all who own/fly suitable aircraft, or produce iron filings, are believers in AGW?

top topics

join