It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Pelosi bluffing? "deem and pass", "Slaughter Solution"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is an op ed piece. Personally I feel that Pelosi is bluffing in an attempt to get some fence sitting congressmen to vote for the health care bill.

The use of the "Slaughter Solution" is just a threat. This would end up in the courts quickly. Also, if this becomes the rule of law for the US then the Republicans could use it at some future date.

So, call Pelosi's bluff, vote no for the bill. Send it back for reconsideration. Get a bipartisan bill, and a bill the American people can support.

Summary, Pelosi's threat to use the "Slaughter Solution" is a bluff.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i personally think that if we had a more parliamentary style of government where instead of just black and white, yes and no republican and democrat in congress, youd have a ruling coalition of parties that would support and be apart of the government who could then pass whatever. so instead of just having democrats as rulers of the capitol right now, itd be democrats, the fascist banker party and the green party and the opposition would be the republicans, constitutionalists and tea parties... something like that. itd certaintly be more democratic. (i dont mean the entire parliamentary system which in many aspects isnt so democratic, just the part that i mentioned)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Whatever form of govt. there is, the elected officials should behave in a responsible fashion.

Sometimes I come to this site as an interlude to my poker play at PokerStars, that's why the reference to bluffing. There are problems with health care in the US, but the American public deserves carefully crafted legislation that they can support.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chorizo4
Get a bipartisan bill, and a bill the American people can support.

bipartisan bill. heh...funny stuff there.

Like that will ever happen.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As the FSME, can I ask one tiny question...

What does this thread have to do with the New World Order?

new topics

top topics

join