It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Exorcist: Pedophiles Tempted By Satan, Not Possessed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Vatican Exorcist: Pedophiles Tempted By Satan, Not Possessed

www.cnn.com

Vatican City (CNN) -- "The devil tempts everyone -- people in politics, in economics, in sport. And naturally, he tempts, above all, the religious leaders, so you shouldn't be surprised if the devil tempts those in the Vatican. That's his job."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow. Here we are in the 21st Century, Folks! You know, I'm a bit speechless, and this time around, I'd like for the article and the Rev. Gabriele Amorth to speak for themselves. Really.
Ok, TPTB say I must comment further...

I really don't knock people for their beliefs. I think everyone should be able to practice their faith as long as that doesn't include harming anyone else, or imposing your religious beliefs on the society around you. I believe in secularism.
I don't prescribe to any religious dogma of any kind, yet I consider myself to be spiritual. I am taken aback by this a bit. It reveals how out of touch some religious people can be with modern society. They have a right to live that life, they just don't have the right to impose it on anyone else. Period.
This truly speaks for itself.
And yes, I think that makes for one BAD A** headline!
It's a little thing called modern medicine, which happens to include modern psychology. Check it out sometime.....

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-3-2010 by moonzoo7]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This must be what a thread looks like when it dies at birth!

NOBODY wants to touch this. Hell, I didn't want to, but I felt somehow obligated when I saw it. I think CNN itself is stooping a bit on this one too.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Don't be taken aback by this. Most of these priests are frauds, cashing stupidity, gullibility, ignorance, laziness and what have you. World is full of these things and it's like a river of gold for them.

Of course, these "holy men" or "fathers" as Catholics call them do very unholy and unfatherly things. As you already know.

These non-transparent government employees or "priests" are supposed to provide you with a miracle cure against stuff like paedophilia. The man in the report does just that. Well, although, in actual proven case of paedophilia he can't cure you, but he can compassionately tell you how it's not your fault, it's the devil-man's fault. Do you feel better now, knowing that these molesters are OK, it's just that this devil entity "abuses" them more than others
. I understand why this pisses people off.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Yes...this is disturbing on multiple levels. I do feel that CNN is being somewhat exploitive in putting this out there. i guess if it can create some chatter, they like that.

I'm appalled, amused, and sickened by the concept of this all at once.
Who needs Satan when these guys are around?

top topics

join