It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists go 'gaga' to find creatures beneath 180 metres of ice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
One word......

EUROPA

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by spearhead

Yet theres those that still believe that life cant exist elsewhere in the universe? very funny

You might as well be saying, "There is life on earth, therefore there is life elsewhere."

... never mind. That essentially IS what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I forgot about that, it was a plastic bottle.

Now I have to try that.

And what you say about car radiators is how pressure-cookers work; by forcing a higher boiling point (because of the higher pressure) they can cook at higher temperatures.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Another thing you can do is get a perfectly clean beaker or glass and put distilled water in it, then microwave it for a long time. It won't boil as long as there are no contaminants in the water.

Here's the kicker, when you pull it out, put some salt in it and voila! Instant boiling. Be careful though b/c it can make what some people refer to as "Exploding Water". It doesn't really explode but it does boil violently and can burn you.

If I am not mistaking, I think "Smart Water" is pure enough for this experiment. It is ozone distilled so shouldn't have contaminants in it.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by memarf1]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1

I only have dumb water.

But I know that reaction, it happens when I heat my tea too much and add the sugar, although the reaction is not that strong.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

What can I say?

Go Europa!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Then you have what is called black smokers Under the sea, hydrothermal vents and the creatures that live around them.

Including giant tube worms, clams, limpets and shrimp.

These creatures live in temperatures over 100ºC. black smoker temps can reach 350 °C–400 °C and a few feet away the sea temperature can be near 4ºC at 4000 feet
news.discovery.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join