It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon targets Wikileaks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It seems US Intelligence been targeting Wikileaks. The following excerpt from a document leaked 15 March 2010 describes one of their methodologies:

Web sites such as Wikileaks.org have trust as their most important center of gravity by protecting the anonymity and identity of the insider, leaker, or whistleblower. Successful identification, prosecution, termination of employment, and exposure of persons leaking the information by the governments and businesses affected by information posted to Wikileaks.org would damage and potentially destroy this center of gravity and deter others from taking similar actions.

Read the full document here.

What do you think? Is Wikileaks a threat to the US Army?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
WOW. Well, I guess we shouldn't really be surprised. Everyone knew eventually something like this would happen. They're probably gonna target Cryptome next.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LegalizeFreedom
They're probably gonna target Cryptome next.

For starters I'd imagine, yes. Next infowars and ATS will be deemed as instructional and networking havens for right-wing militant extremists and textual hate crimes. I'm curious to see how the blogging community will react to their speech rights being taken away.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nevermind, got it working!!

Thanks for posting this one. Amazing. This government will go to any and all lengths to control us, and keep what's REALLY going on from us.

We are idiotic slaves. Cattle.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by LostNemesis]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I got to it before. But it took a long time. Wikileaks is loading very slow for me.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I just realized the date in the pdf is March 18th, -2008-!!!!

This is good news. Means they have been trying to silence the leaks for two years, without success.

So much respect to the dude running this site, and allowing us to get the truth from somewhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Thanks for posting this one. Amazing. This government will go to any and all lengths to control us, and keep what's REALLY going on from us.

You're welcome. Agreed. It's an interesting plan.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LegalizeFreedom
I got to it before. But it took a long time. Wikileaks is loading very slow for me.

U2U me if you want me to email the PDF to you. Not sure what's happening with your load time.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I just realized the date in the pdf is March 18th, -2008-!!!!

This is good news. Means they have been trying to silence the leaks for two years, without success.

If they were successful with the infiltration (mole) related aspects of their plan then we wouldn't know about it though, would we?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This is the tipping point where I as a member of the US Intelligence Community get really pissed off and I sure as hell don't care what the mods do.
Do you understand why certain things are classified as Confidential, Secret, Top Secret, etc.?
No you don't for starters.
This stuff get's leaked out into the web which means that there is a dirtbag somewhere in the ranks of the Intelligence Community who doesn't care about our people on the ground in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, CONUS, the homefront, etc. These individuals don't care if people get killed because of paranoid delusions that they're somehow going to save the world or improve people's lives by leaking out information that effects how things work in the world.
We set up these things not because we want to trap you all in an endless vortex of propaganda and keep you going about your daily lives within the matrix, we set these up so we can keep our people alive when their lives are in danger along with the risk of Americans and our interests being on the line.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

The way I see it , with the Compartmentalization of Sensitive Information within the US Goverment , along with Security Clearences based on a Need To Know basis , any Sensative Information leaked to the Public by any Goverment Official should be considered an Act of Treason unless said Information exposes Acts of Treason within it''s own Ranks . It's the Goverments Duty and Responsability to Prevent any exposure of Information that could compromise the Security of these United States . Those who Fail to do this should suffer the consequences of their Ineptness with Imprisonment .

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Mate youve been a victim of their mind control by the sounds of things, Im not talking hi tech im talking subtle programming which started before you even worked for them. You shouldnt even have troops overseas in the first place, the only reason they've convinced the public that they need war is through deception and secrecy. Cant you see the flaws in their excuse for deception, hows acheiveing world peace woking out for you yanks huh?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Yeah, I think this guy might be 'online forum role-playing', hence the handle and if not he's certainly a cog of the machine.

EDIT: I accidentally starred his post.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Why are you capitalizing certain (many) words? Were you writing satirically?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Why are there all small letters in your name ? Why is the sky blue professor ? .......Geez...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There is a thread that already exists about this:

US Intelligence planned to destroy WikiLeaks

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Mate youve been a victim of their mind control by the sounds of things, Im not talking hi tech im talking subtle programming which started before you even worked for them. You shouldnt even have troops overseas in the first place, the only reason they've convinced the public that they need war is through deception and secrecy. Cant you see the flaws in their excuse for deception, hows acheiveing world peace woking out for you yanks huh?

Essentially I agree with this post. These people are not in foreign lands protecting our freedom and rights. They are over there protecting profits, and exploiting and oppresing others in many countries to get any available resources that country can offer from oil to timber to drugs. You serve a corrupt evil master. It started with Gold and diamonds from Africa before the US, then continued with oil and drugs in the middle east.

Terrorism wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for our country founding it. The middle east was a pile of sand we made the Saudis who fund terrorists. We traded arms for oil with Iran. Then when Iran wanted to control its OWN RESOURCES we labeled them criminals. We then gave Saddam Hussein chemical weapons and told him to war with Iran and get our oil back. Then when Saddam threatened to do the same thing we went to war and eventually had him executed. And I wont even get into the Noriega VIA coke connection, as well as the umpteen dictatorships we've controlled the rise and fall of in Africa as well as trading arms to both sides of many conflicts. Now that's not to say that the leaders of these country's are good people, but we are no better, and besides. Who gave them power?

So when I hear someone like you complain about leaks that could get agents in hostile area killed my response is. They signed their life on the line for a paycheck no one forced them. And they knew hopefully the type of criminals they were working for. These agencies have no regard for human life they protect the bottom line. I can understand as a human being feeling bad for a friend who may die on the job but no one forced him to take that job and he isn't protecting our freedoms. That's the load of crap they sell u. If we pulled all our troops out everywhere, brought our navy back stationed for protection, and stopped interference no one would attack us. But that will never happen because the corporations continued profits must be protected at the expense of human life!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

“The possibility that current employees or moles within DoD or elsewhere in the U.S. government are providing sensitive or classified information to Wikileaks.org cannot be ruled out”

This has got to be embarrassing for the DoD, considering this is one of the documents that is classified. Oh the irony of having the plan to shut down the leak, leaked.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sorry, I am going to call BS on this one. When people like to tell secrets, its usually the big and awesome ones. I have not seen anything about any fantastic US DoD stealth or observation craft. If something like that ends up on WikiLeaks then I would consider it noteworthy.

Additionally, The report added that the site “could be used to post fabricated information; to post misinformation, disinformation, and propaganda; or to conduct perception management and influence operations designed to convey a negative message to those who view or retrieve information from the website.”

What kind of utter BS is that? Any site can be used to post misinformation. Jesus, have you read some of the threads on this forum???

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
People tend to get this romantic idea about classified documents, like they expose something that the public must not know at any cost, that they detail government lies, stuff like that.

I work with a lot of classified documents, and the truth is most of them are completely benign. Things like disciplinary actions against SGT Someone for falling asleep on duty, or guard duty rotations, network passwords, network security evaluations, or the name of some Afghan who tells us where a Taliban hideout is.

Its almost always only stuff to protect individual privacy and operational security - no conspiracies behind it, just documents that can compromise an area's or individual's security in some way.

top topics

join