It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beluga Whale Blowing Bubble Rings (Like Smoke Rings)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This is amazing, these beluga whales in Japan actually blow bubble rings, and threw there mouth no less, I don't understand how someone could possible train an animal to do this (I cant even do it with smoke haha) so I'm thinking it must be something the whale did one day and the trainers went with it.

Anyone who doubts the intelligence of these creatures needs to have another look at these magnificent beings.

Amazing huh?

Fortunately for me they're abundant where I live, I've had them pass not 15feet from my kayak (in a large group), Its always a wonderful experience seeing them first hand (in the wild).

Mods: If this is in the wrong forum I apologize, please feel free to relocate.

[edit on 3/15/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
That's really cool, I would love to know how the whales manage this.

S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
They're not alone.
Humans can do it too.

But dolphins are the real pros.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

dolphin's to, how cool.

thanks for the vid's there new to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
whales too huh? dolphins have been doing this for some time now they blow the toroid then examine their creation with curiosity using sight and their biosonar, they also like to bite on the bubble ring to break it up into many smaller ones.

I totally agree these are very intelligent creatures, more than most researchers know yet because the cretaceans continue to surprise them. I have a really out there crazy theory that the atlanteans extremly advanced animal experiments included putting their consciousness(souls) into these cretaceans to continue their existance in an environment where war, ownership etc are not possible as they wanted to purify their path of evolution and considered opposable thumbs a hinderence. If you believe in channeling theres plenty of info from et's about this.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
That was great. It is amazing how the dolphins control the bubble after it is made and how the bubbles don't rise up but are controlled and sent down even. I never would have thought that they would do something like that.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wow! How did the human's bubbles come out so uniform and solid looking?

But bigger wow: The whales! I'm not sure it proves intelligence -- I'd have to see them doing it without being trained to to think it truly proved it. But I still believe that they are intelligent -- and totally awesome! I think my favorite parts are when they flip when the bubbles dissipate, and how the one started spinning when that girl (woman? Too tired to tell) twirled her arm at it

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Dolphins are the pros at it - but if you wish to see a Beluga doing it pretty much all day long then visit the aquarium in Stanley Park, Vancouver.

They've got at least 1 Beluga there that 'blows kisses'/'screams to be released' at the large window where you can view them. It even seems like she directs them at specific people.

Always nice to see though regardless so thanks!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
Anyone who doubts the intelligence of these creatures needs to have another look at these magnificent beings.

I think they're smarter than some people I know.

Japanese scientists teach whale to talk

Nack, a 23-year-old beluga whale at the Kamogawa Sea World aquarium in Chiba Prefecture, has been taught to make different noises for a bucket, diving goggles and a pair of diving fins, said Takashi Murayama, a professor at Tokai University

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
thats ace!!

did you know half of a dolphins brain is asleep while the other half still awake!?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
thats ace!!

did you know half of a dolphins brain is asleep while the other half still awake!?

sounds a lot like some of the people i know

on topic, cool stuff

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
Wow! How did the human's bubbles come out so uniform and solid looking?

But bigger wow: The whales! I'm not sure it proves intelligence -- I'd have to see them doing it without being trained to to think it truly proved it. But I still believe that they are intelligent -- and totally awesome! I think my favorite parts are when they flip when the bubbles dissipate, and how the one started spinning when that girl (woman? Too tired to tell) twirled her arm at it

I'd like to see you doing it without being trained

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

The first person to blow smoke rings had to have done it without being trained.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by DangerDeath

The first person to blow smoke rings had to have done it without being trained.

I bet that person was a dolphin

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
lets see the dude that was scuba diving do all that.
man that is so cool defintly a very smart animal .

top topics

join