It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal for Ban of Salt Suddenly Makes Sense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Interesting thought! Now the question is, would they be able to deny you coverage under the government plan? Isn't universal healthcare kind of a free-for-all? Private health insurance may make those demands of you, but public healthcare may not be able to deny you coverage. I think that was the whole point of having universal healthcare. Since they wouldn't be able to turn you away, and tax payers would pay for any ailment you might have, this would be the very reason to try to keep the public as healthy as possible, so that they could keep as many people out of the emergency room as they could.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, last I paid much attention, there wasn't a single-payer option. Or, was it that one version offered it and the other version did not?

Anyway, if it goes to Universal Coverage then were screwed. They'll be able to manage what we eat/drink, our activities (or lack there of), basically our whole person. If the bill passes with the Universal option, it'll put the private insurance companies out of business; which may be their plan after all.

With no competition for our dollars, they'll toss what ever slop they want, at us.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

I found this article on Wikipedia: Healthcare Reform in the U.S.
If you look toward the bottom in the "President's Plan 2010" section, it outlines the information and provides a chart. Basically it states that there would be a public option.
For more information on the public option, here's another Wikipedia article describing it: Public Option
Basically, people would have the choice to either purchase the government plan, or have their own insurance. Of course I'm not sure how many people would keep their own insurance in this economy, which might eventually lead to the downfall of private insurance (as you mentioned). Once most people are covered under government-provided insurance, it could make certain demands from it's insured, or it could impose bans on unhealthy foods and maybe down the line, activities, to keep it's insured out of emergency rooms.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
the government wants you to be healthy or that he cares about you? NO WAY

you're forgetting the H1N1 vaccine, the fluoride, the GMo's, mercury, aspartame etc.

i think salt has something to do with ascension or evolution, and it is vital for normal body functioning that is why they want to ban it

i found this on scribd

www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
are we really that weak and insecure and imperfect to think that our bodies are good for nothing and we are basically dead walking, this concept is insane, insurance or government is not gonna make your healthier,

you know, you are what you think, if you think and know you are healthy, you'll never get sick, just don't inject your body with vaccines, your body has a natural immune system, it was built that way to help you fight diseases and viruses, and with the use of natural remedies you can improve it: salt, garlic, honey, vitamins....
a bill is not gonna change anything

this world is seriously F** up!

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by raynemarina
the government wants you to be healthy or that he cares about you? NO WAY

you're forgetting the H1N1 vaccine, the fluoride, the GMo's, mercury, aspartame etc.

www.scribd.com...

No one is claiming they want you to be healthy for YOUR benefit.
As my original post states, it's to keep your tax money in their pockets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join