It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police expanding Taser use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here is the link Chicago Police

And a little snip>>>

The Chicago Police Department is dramatically expanding its use of Tasers, adding several hundred more and putting them in the hands of patrol officers for the first time, officials said Wednesday.

The "stun guns" will go in every squad car to give front-line beat officers a more effective way to protect themselves and calm a disturbance.

But the electrical devices have caused controversy nationwide, with debates about their safety and lawsuits filed on behalf of dozens of people, some in the Chicago area, who have died after being "Tased."

Chicago police laid out their plans just hours after a 31-year-old south suburban man was pronounced dead after Midlothian police used a Taser to subdue him. Jaesun Ingles, of Riverdale, who was on parole, was stunned with the Taser after he tried to swallow a plastic bag that police believed contained drugs, resisted arrest and ran from officers, Midlothian police said. An autopsy by the Cook County medical examiner's office Wednesday was inconclusive, pending further investigation.

And another human dies at the hands of the revenue collectors or our own American SS.
I mean really what else do you call it? Citizens all the time beat robbers out of stores , tackel them on planes , we usually get the bad guy without police help. This has too stop, Shocking people....shame.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You know they are just jumping with excitment to use one of these.....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16476b3d8f65.jpg[/atsimg]

Your basic 3-way taser...great in crowds or can you imagine all 3 hitting one person??Frankenstien didn't get that big of a shock !!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I carry bear spray for the evil little piggies. A little squirt goes a long way...
We should do like the Russians and shoot cops seen abusing citizens.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is good news. The police are making use of a weapon the helps keep them out of harms way and yet subdues the bad guys. People in stores are allowed to kick and punch robbers way beyond any reasonable amount required to just subdue them or fend them off, which I'm all for, but the police are followed by gangs of anarchistic types armed with video camera ready to summon the likes of parasites like Rev Al Sharpton every time some doped up lunatic like Rodney King, who refuses to obey direction time after time, gets hit by police. There are those who secretly wish there where no punishment for the crimes they wish to commit and will stop at nothing to tie the hands of the police who put themselves in harms way every day.
I don't drink bleach because I understand the consequences of that action. I don't commit crimes either. Same reason.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

So it doesn't bother you that kids are tazed because they will not shower, go to bed or because they say dissenting things to politicians? People that are just upset have died because they were tazed.

Some cops are good and maybe should be trusted with this power, but most are ignorant power hungry savages and should get no such power.

I don't mean this as an attack, but do you understand the history involved with these weapons?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by oppaperclip]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

Whatever , live in your dream world....they are trained that everyone is a criminal or is breaking the law. There are so many laws it is hard not to even by accident. What about when they force you to take something you don't want because"Its The Law"

I feel the first 10 commandments were just fine and dandy....if one follows those your good to go....not this power control mob that rules with iron fist unless your a Movie star or Sports hero...

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
On Christmas day I was at a friend's house. And my friend's neighbors are the type who will do anything to make other people's lives as miserable as their own. Well that night theres a knock at the door and its 3 local police officers! It seems the neighbors had reported that my friend was beating his girl-friend! Which prompted the cops to barge their way in, seperate all of us, and proceed to interrogate us all. Well after they realized it was a complete non-issue, and no one was being harmed by anyone they calmed down. But it sure didn't stop the one older, fat pig of a cop from sticking his finger in my chest and informing me that I "came within an inch of getting juiced up!" And it took the other two officers to tell him to cool it!

I had done NOTHING to instigate this kind of treatment! He wasn't even the cop who'd taken me aside to collect my information.

This is one cop thats itching to use that damned taser...and he'll seriously hurt someone with it one day! Need to start putting leashes on these kind of badged bullies!

new topics

top topics

join