It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL Man-made Earthquakes (not that haarp crap)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
More evidence has arisen furthering the theory of gas drilling in Texas causing earthquakes...

A new study has found that a saltwater disposal well used for natural gas drilling operations may be to blame for a series of small earthquakes near the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

The study by researchers from the University of Texas and Southern Methodist University found a "plausible" link between a disposal well near the airport and the quakes that occurred in Grand Prairie and Irving between Oct. 30, 2008, and May 16, 2009.

From my very basic understanding of the process, it's not the drilling that causes the issue, it's the filling back up with saltwater injections.

"Drilling isn't causing earthquakes," said Stump. "But there may be a plausible linkage between the disposal of wastewater and these very small earthquakes in this situation."

Of course, Cheasapeake Energy denies any evidence of this

Chesapeake maintains that a direct, causal relationship between saltwater disposal wells and seismic activity in the D-FW area has not been scientifically proven," Chesapeake spokesman Brian Murnahan told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

BUT...

"The injection into the wells began in September 2008 and the earthquakes began in October 2008," said Brian Stump, a SMU seismologist. Stump was one of the authors of the study that was published this week in The Leading Edge, a publication of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists.

The earthquakes stopped after Chesapeake Energy Corp. shut down the well last summer, he said.

Man-made earthquakes are real.

The Dallas Morning News

older thread about this HERE

** Related Chadwickus Thread HERE **

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Signals]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
same as sinkholes in floradia .
big underground caverens fill with water or oil
in fl drought lowers the water lv leaving nothing holfding up the caveren roof.
in texas they pump seawater into caveren (not so to stop this but so they get every drop of oil.
thing is seawater and oil have different volistys and oringialy the oil was even under presser so now theres no presser and the viscosty of the water its self is much lower
causing settling over a large area creating the mine quakes they feal.
the good news is thesed quakes are 3. or less causing no damange .

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one attacked the title....

Are we in agreement now that the Haarp earthquake thing IS crap?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Actually no, they are spelled quite differently....
Ok, seriously, I don't know what to think, but, I lean towards the natural variety, as opposed to man made... I would hope we are not capable of such things

** But C.R.A.P. is good too, for Continent Realignment Aerial Planetshaker

[edit on 11-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
** But C.R.A.P. is good too, for Continent Realignment Aerial Planetshaker

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7419a64c8651.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join