It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Pain in Dreams - It's gotten worse.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I often feel pain in my dreams, when somebody shoots me, or stabs me, but it's usually no more than a quick sting, or an uncomfortable feeling.

But last night, I was stabbed to death, and this time I felt it badly, I woke up in severe pain, it wasn't just a sting. I was stabbed to death in the dream, and I seriously felt like I was stabbed to death, I've been knifed before so I know how it feels, and it was totally too too real last night. I woke up in serious pain.

Does anybody go through this? Does anybody know how to stop it? Everytime, I'm killed in my dreams, It's starting to feel more real each and every night. It's a little unnerving.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zsaqulz78th

I had an experience happen to me when I was in the
lucid state .I will bump my old thread and hope it will
help you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

That's interesting, because all my dreams are in lucid state as well, I can fly, use telepathy etc, but some entities, are able to do the same, and they often catch up to me and kill me. And it really is starting to hurt a whole lot, esp when knives are used.

Since all my dreams are lucid and I have full control, I am sure these are separate entities that come on in and mess with me.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've had dreams where I've been shot. And I felt it. It was pretty bad, and I would wake up in pain. I also have dreams aobut me dying, and I will see angelic beings. Strange indeed, but I just see them as dreams and only dreams. And the feelings I feel is what I usually would think it would feel like to get shot. If that makes any sense at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Where did it hurt, exactly.

It might be the key to your experiences.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Well last night it was my arms and my side.

I put up my arms to defend myself, got my arms cut up, and then was stabbed in my right side.

I woke up with shooting pains up my arms and on my side, exactly where I had been knifed.

They then went away after about ten seconds of being awake, until I fell asleep and was attacked again.

The pain was a total result of what happened in my dream, it was a mental thing, as I have nothing wrong with my side and my arm, and the pain went away after about ten seconds of being awake.

It's usually nothing to complain about, just a weird feeling of being shot etc, but last night it was much more intense then I ever remember.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams quite a lot.

The most recent one was just incredibly real. My heart races just when thinking about it. Probably the best dream of my life.

I was sitting on clouds, with friends (probably because we were reading the Iliad and how Apollo sat on his cloud overlooking the city). We were in Seattle, I'm pretty sure, because I saw the sky needle rising through the clouds. We were just sitting there, enjoying life. Then, one of my friends got up and started to climb the golden gate bridge, which came out of nowhere! So he climbed and climbed, and when he got to the top, he jumped off and pulled a parachute chords as we watched him soar to the ground below. The thing I remember most vividly is the laughing. Everyone was so happy and giddy, laughing was occuring throughout the entire dream. When it was my turn to climb, I climbed, jumped, pulled the parachute, and remember myself laughing in my dream. My mom said when she walked by my room she heard me laughing and assumed that I was just watching TV before I got up to take a shower.

The fact that my dream tranferred emotions from a unconscious state to reality really intrigued me. I haven't done much research on it, but I'd love to know if you could actually feel things in reality that happen in your dream.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've had many lucid dreams and never haven't been able to immediately dissolve any kinds of harm. I haven't been stabbed, shot, pushed off of cliffs, or anything else since I was a kid. That must suck!

It sounds to me like your problem lies in your ego. No offense, but it seems you're not entirely self-aware in your lucid dreams. Is say this because of your rationalization towards being entirely aware, yet still not being in control. That makes no sense. It seems to me you must accept creation of these figures before you can begin to transcend their influence.

I mean, to be self-aware in your dream just means there's awareness that you're the one creating the atmosphere. It means you're in control. So if you're not in control, you're not aware. If anything goes on in a lucid dream which I don't like, I can just laugh it, or walk, away.

As for actually having pain..maybe you're experiencing seizures and convulsions while sleeping? Just a thought.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I know this sound ass about face, but my guess is your positioning in your sleep is causing a Myotatic reflex ( cramp ) . This can be created by simple body weight.

The cramp will not happen quickly but builds up over about 20 secs. Plenty of time for your brain to create a scenario to explain the pain.

I know this because I experienced something similar with my back, I keep having dreams of hurting myself almost every night for a week. It was not until I experienced the cramp during the day, fixing something and being in a weird position that I clicked. I now take some Magnesium and it hasn't happened since.

Note: My advice is to also tell your Doctor as any side or arm pain can also be a heart problem. Which does often happen during sleep.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

I know you were going to respond to this, but I clearly told you this was a 100% mental.

I have been practicing lucid dreams for years, it's a learned skill to make you dreams more vivid then real life, and it's taken years to do. I feel more in my dreams then I do in real life.

This was due to the dream, no physical problems whatsoever.

Remember, my dreams are not like yours this is a learned skill.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What I'm disturbed by .... is how many times your getting killed in your dreams.

Maybe you should fall asleep with a bulletproof vest on, and a samurai sword, ..... and hope that they carry over.

.... or you could find a dream pharmacy. Which is like a normal pharmacy, ... cept this one is ..... thats right.

top topics

join