It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Video Game Menace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandomUser
In the 50's they said Rock & Roll was the great evil.
And it's no different. I get adrenaline highs and endorphine rushes rocking out in front of an audience. Hell, my brain's so crosswired from the experience of doing that for so long that I can get endorphine highs just by THINKING about playing music in front of an audience. (And no, no drugs were involved to get me to that point.)

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Video games are used for mind control and espicially violent video games are used to desensitize and militarize the children to be future soldiers for the state. They were designed for that purpose - for the military industrial complex.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Also, would add that video games promotes inactivity and an obese lifestyle. Watch the kids as they play their video games in that dazed hypnotized state they are in just like when you watch tv.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I know this a 3 year old thread, but my god is OP spot on.

I've been playing video games since I was 5 years old.

19 now, and I'm playing about 8-12 hours a day. It all started with PC gaming. There's never enough really. So many games, mods for the games, it's endless. But the king, the king that sucks in your soul is WoW.

I've been through drug addiction and kicked it, but trying to kick my video game addiction, I can't even comprehend it, I feel like I would have an easier time getting unaddicted from meth.

My god, my whole life has been almost sucked away from this crap, completely meaningless playing all these video games.

Heh, I don't think I can stop at this present moment. There's nothing fulfilling in my life and slaying dragons with people across the world i haven't even met in person fills in the void. Just think, there must be thousands, if not millions of people like me out there.

It's literally like purgatory. If Video games were Satans Soul trap, he nailed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join