It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh: I'll Leave US If Health Care Reform Passes

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Nice youtube video from an "impartial" source.
Have you ever listened to Rush yourself?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
He said he'll go to costa rica if health care passes. Maybe he got a bungalow over there.

Even if he does leave, it doesn't mean he will stay off the air.

Rush Limbaugh Should Maybe Read Up On Costa Rican Health Care

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
He's not going anywhere, he would prefer to stay here and torture us than do us a favor and leave.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
reply to post by Blueracer

Main Entry: id·i·ot·ic
Pronunciation: \ˌi-dē-ˈä-tik\
Variant(s): also id·i·ot·i·cal \-ˈä-ti-kəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 1713

1 : characterized by idiocy
2 : showing complete lack of thought or common sense : foolish

I am referring to the audience in the 2nd definition. His audience is idiotic in that they do not think for themselves, the let Rush do that for them, and they simply regurgitate his "message".

And yes I have listened to rush on many occasions. Call it the "Howard Stern" effect. I listened because I hated his message, and wanted to hear what stupid thing he would say next. I finally just turned him off all together. I still however have to deal with his "message" because people I personally know, DO listen to him. These friends of mine are idiots, and I have told them that to their faces.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by xmaddness]

I know what idiotic means. It is an insult that you labeled 20 million people with because you do not agree with what they believe. I suppose that you believe that if Rush disappeared from the face of the earth right now that those 20 million people would then start to have different beliefs? You are what you accuse Rush of...judgemental and intollerant.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Sadly that is too true.

I dont know why he is so opposed to it, however. It may provide better prescription drug coverage than his current plan.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is so awesome! When is he leaving! LOL Yeah, I'm sure it's not the end of us hearing from this idiot but....It sure would be nice to at least have him out of the country!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Dear Rush,

Enjoy your fresh start...you won't be missed.

Sincerely,

Aggie Man

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Rush Limbaugh Should Maybe Read Up On Costa Rican Health Care

Easy fixed...

Switch his oxy's for buprenorphine or methadone...

Guaranteed to shut him up PERMANENTLY...Or your money back

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't trust that he'll keep his word on this.

Too many of our public leaders lie these days.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by whaaa

Nice youtube video from an "impartial" source.
Have you ever listened to Rush yourself?

I have listened to Rush. I was once an avid fan of him listening to him everyday. Rush was once very right to me.

That changed on the day of Bill Clinton funeral when Rush spent the entire day making fun of the president for crying at the funeral. That somehow it was the height of comedy to see a man cry at the funeral of his own mother. In which many callers joined in. it seemed to be the funniest thing on the earth to them. That a man could care enough about a family member that he would shed a tear at their funeral. The very thought tat someone could care so much about another human being was simple hysterical to Rush.

I am sure people would argue I was taking it out of context, but I did not. There are certain lines in modern society which you do not cross. One of those lines is respecting others mourning the loss of family members at a funeral. A line that any real conservative who had traditional American values would not have crossed.

So, since that day I knew Rush would say anything regardless if it was a reflection of conservative values. He is simply there to enrich himself and will say anything to do so. Traditional American conservative values and integrity be damned.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

You are completely wrong. Bill Clinton was at Ron Brown's funeral. The video shows Clinton walking and laughing. When he sees the camera, he then frowns like he's sad. The guy he was walking with didn't see the camera and kept laughing.

If you actually saw the video I do not know how you could have gotten your story wrong.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3/22/2010 by Blueracer]

[edit on 3/22/2010 by Blueracer]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
NNNoooooooo...

Apparently he "corrected" himself just a day or so after he made that statement about leaving.

What he ACTUALLY meant, was that he would travel to Costa Rica for medical needs but maintain his residence here in the States.

"Correction, March 10, 1:16 pm An earlier version of this story mistakenly reported that Rush Limbaugh had threatened to move to Costa Rica if Congress passed health care reform. Instead, Mr. Limbaugh said that he would travel to Costa Rica for medical care if the bill was passed while continuing to reside in this country.

(March 9) -- Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh has thrown down the gauntlet. If the U.S. Congress passes health care reform, Limbaugh will leave the country to receive his medical treatment.

Specifically, Limbaugh told a caller that he envisions traveling to Costa Rica should the government, through a federal program costing upwards of $1 trillion, expand health care coverage to approximately 30 million Americans who are currently uninsured.

Ironically, Costa Rica offers universal heath care to all of its residents.

The caller asked Limbaugh where he would go for health care if Congress were to enact reform.

"I don't know," Limbaugh responded. "I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented, I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica."
Whether Limbaugh, who is 59, will actually follow through with his on-air promise to seek medical care in Costa Rica should health care reform be implemented in the U.S. over the next few years remains unclear."

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
He's not going anywhere, he would prefer to stay here and torture us than do us a favor and leave.

I'm convinced the only reason the bill passed was because people were hoping Rush would keep his word and leave. I'll buy him a one-way ticket anywhere he wants to go.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join