It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day of complete chaos as floods surge across two states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Day of complete chaos as floods surge across two states

www.smh.com.au

RESIDENTS in two states were battling against severe weather yesterday that brought record floodwaters, torrential rain, 100km/h winds and hailstones as big as golf balls.

Emergency services in the south-west Queensland town of St George were last night preparing for a flood peak expected to inundate 80 per cent of the town, as Melbourne mopped after a severe storm cell that wreaked havoc.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
A dust storm hit Greece. In Rhones, France 40 cm of snow fell to earth. And this information is no longer "hot-news" acoording to ms-media.

Another Dutch article from a Christian blogger, I will not bother you with the articel itself but shown a picture of increase in natural annomalies (not nessesairily desasters).

pic: xandernieuws.punt.nl...

But it is normal to us. We don't want to see it anymore. Same goes for Chile or Turkey. Who actually cares?! since we already donated for Haïti, a satanic governed island in the big waters.

Let's wait untill december chrismas time this year. Then we maybe will feel the need to care.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hailstones here last Saturday in Upper Ferntree Gully, at the base of the Dandenongs, were 10 cm in diameter. (~ 4 inches, for Americans.) In Sassafras, atop the Dandenong Ranges, they were 12 cm. Many windows, including car windows and skylights, were smashed. A friends car, damaged by hail, is a write-off. A nursery where a son works had its greenhouses smashed to smithereens, and hardly a single useful plant left outside.

Alone here, in a 70 year old holiday shack, it was quite frightening hearing, and then seeing, a wall of dark nothingness bearing down on the house. It sounded like a hundred freight trains in the distance, blackening out the neighbourhood as it charged forward. I thought it must be a hurricane, and expected to be killed as my little house was demolished. Instead, I discovered the noise was from truckloads of ice cricket balls malignantly pelting down.

Luckily this house has wide verandas, a tin roof, and was at a 45* angle to the wind, so it survived with little damage, but the neighbours, in their much more solid houses, had wrecked tile roofs and broken windows.

I really sympathise with people who hear those freight trains coming and have a real hurricane to contend with. This was bad enough.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I hear ya man. I was driving in Oregon yesterday and it was snowing, according to my phone it was 48 degree's in the area. This was just outside Portland and not in the higher elevations.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The bit about Haiti being "Satanic governed" came out of nowhere. Can't believe people actually buy that.

Anyway, weather's been normal here in Colorado -- but what is normal for Colorado

Last week it was quite warm, then over the weekend it dropped slowly, reaching a rainy low yesterday.... And today would be perfect kite flying weather.

... Wait, a whole week here in the part of Colorado with low mountains without any snow...? You're right! Something crazy is happening!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

www.americandaily.com...

Thank you very much for reminding me to backup me facts

top topics

join