It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help me with spirituality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
So I'm 17
and I've been doing research on spirituality I guess you wouldcall it. Things such as meditation, inner silence, raising vibrations, etc etc. And among that I've been reading about the whole extraterrestrial universal ascention and such. And the whole 2012 theories of the aforementioned.
But I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I've been doing research and such. But I the long run it leaves me...... Confused, and mentally exhausted.
In my teenage years I've grown to not really believe in any one religion. So I've pretty much had no beliefs. Just lived with that "live everyday the best you can" mentality.
But like I said, recently I've been getting into the things I said before.
But also like I said. I'm confused. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
I feel like there's a kind of inner/spiritual(kind of both) battle going on inside of me.
So basicly what I'm asking is, can anyone give me assistance? Like what should I do?
An also, I'm not sure if I should start really getting into spirituality quite yet, since I'm still only 17, and I'm not sure if I'm mentally/emotionally ready for all of this. So should I wait till I feel I'm more mentally ready? Or should I continue and become ready along the way?

And mods, I'm not exactly sure if the things I mentined are exactly spiritual, but I assumed they were. So I wasn't sure if I should post this in this forum, or in the grey area on ats. If I did make a mistake feel free to move this post to whichever forum you feel it belongs in.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

I am certainly no sage. But if you are having these thoughts, you should pursue them. It doesn't matter that you are 17. Just make sure you keep your wits about you and don't just blindly follow anyone claiming to be a guru.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sounds like you have some fear of the unknown. That isn't an insult either. It looks like you fear how powerful the spirituality you find will be. Indeed maybe you aren't ready but don't let fear keep you down. Man you could go about this several ways. You could read books, talk to others (as you are doing now)

What I will recommend is you find a myriad of sources of several opinions. Take time and don't worry about solving the issue, just study. You have a good group of people here with a ton of different opinions. Now I am not suggesting you have to listen and subscribe to one of our spiritualities or religions. I am a Wiccan but I am not saying you should be one.

In my time here (bit over a year) I have come in contact with Christians, Catholics, Muslims, Buddhists, other Pagans and Wiccans, Satanists, Jewish and goodness knows what else. Now I have my spirituality already as I mentioned so I won't be subscribing to their ways and methods but what I have done was swallowed all their info and views on life and used it to form what I felt was truly right about life and nature.

That is where I would start but I want to caution you on something right now...

whether it is here on ATS or elsewhere you will run into people who don't want to enlighten you, they want to evangelize you. Learn the differences.

If you ever want an open opinion on what I think life is I will happily talk to you and I make this promise now...at no time will I ever beg or ask you to become a Wiccan. Iw ill just tell you what I think of spirituality

Good luck friend

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't think your age matters. If you are having curiosity and desires about spirituality, I would say go for it.

A few suggestions:

Reading is one of the best ways to learn, in my opinion. I have read so many books on spirituality. Take what resonates with you and let the rest go. Pretty soon, you will begin to build your own personal spiritual path. (some authors and books that have helped me are found below)

Don't worry about "getting" anywhere. The journey is the goal. Take your time...

Be open to different activities that will aid you in your journey. Whether it's meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, listening to relaxing music, visualization, etc., practice them and see what "fits" with you.

Some of my favorite books and authors:

Deepak Chopra has so many wonderful books
Daniel Quinn - Meet Ishmael
Anthony De Mello - Awareness and The Way to Love
Dan Millman - Way of the Peaceful Warrior
M Scott Peck - The Road Less Traveled

Books on Spirituality

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

The very act of questioning your spiritually is a spiritual act in and of itself.

Just like riding a bicycle, making love, drinking coffee....

Zen........awareness.........enlightenment without effort

new topics

top topics

join