It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dm. Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, warns of Israeli attack on Iran...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Adm. Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, came home with sweaty palms from his mid-February visit to Israel. He has been worrying aloud that Israel will mousetrap the U.S. into war with Iran.

This is of particular concern because Mullen has had considerable experience in putting the brakes on such Israeli plans in the past. This time More.., he appears convinced that the Israeli leaders did not take his warnings seriously--notwithstanding the unusually strong language he put into play.

Upon arrival in Jerusalem on February 14, Mullen wasted no time in making clear why he had come. He insisted publicly that an attack on Iran would be "a big, big, big problem for all of us, and I worry a great deal about the unintended consequences."

At a Pentagon press conference on February 22 Mullen drove home the same point--with some of the same language. After reciting the usual boilerplate about Iran being "on the path to achieve nuclear weaponization" and about its "desire to dominate its neighbors," he included this in his prepared remarks:

"I worry a lot about the unintended consequences of any sort of military action. For now, the diplomatic and the economic levers of international power are and ought to be the levers first pulled. Indeed, I would hope they are always and consistently pulled. No strike, however effective, will be, in and of itself, decisive."

In answer to a question about the "efficacy" of military strikes on Iran's nuclear program, Mullen said such strikes "would delay it for one to three years." Underscoring the point, he added that this is what he meant "about a military strike not being decisive."

www.opednews.com/articles/1/Mullen-Wary-of-Israeli-Att-by-Ray-McGovern-100306-931.html

He does have serious, and credible, concern... No doubt... And Yes! I do agree with him... Israeli WILL mouse-trap U.S into directly assisting them with an attack on Iran.

Maybe not the initial attack on Nuclear Facilities, but the backlash there after from Iran will require a response from the U.S... Mainly due to the targets Iran has selected.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I remember this specific issue being discussed on The Alex Jones Show last week sometime in an interview with Mr. McGovern.

I really wish that our politicians would withdraw from this "foreign entanglement" with Israel. It will be the death of us.

I see Israel as a person drowning in an ocean; If you are not careful about how you help the person, they may take you with them to die in the deep.

What a bed they made for themselves over there.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Is this the sane guy that warned of an attack last year? Or was that somebody else.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
He has every right to be concerened - and he is exactly 100% correct in his assessment. Furthermore, Israel is just arrogant enough to make a go for it anyway - and then come crying to the US when Iran hands Israel its ass in a ziploc baggie!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As posted by Vitchilo in different thread, the story on China setting up a drilling rig in the Gulf, with Iran's approval, very interesting news....

arabnews.com...

[edit on 8-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Look's like the line at the pumps in Iran will be getting a little longer too....

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well i must commend you on your first news post (that i've seen) and a damn interesting one at that s&f'd

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
While there are those that feel that "The Zionist" will attack Iran, I further suspect that any such attack will not be just against Iran but against a laundry list of nation states that the Zionist need to bring under "Control" all in one big push to achieve goals important only to the Zionist.

This is the only way I believe a decisive strike could be achieved. The initial strike would have to be a large scale offensive move against multiple nation states and their targets. Such a ambitious plan could only be achieved by use of weapons of mass destruction on multiple nation state targets at the same time.

This would be decisive indeed by anyone's definition of decisive, but what comes afterward from such a so called "decisive" move may be the end of us all.

top topics

join