It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers: Pakistan detains American-born al-Qaida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Officers: Pakistan detains American-born al-Qaida

news.yahoo.com

KARACHI, Pakistan – Two Pakistani officers and a government official said Sunday that an American charged with treason for working with al-Qaida had been captured, a development that could deliver another significant blow in the U.S.-led battle against the terror network.

U.S. defense, intelligence and law enforcement officials could not immediately verify the reported detention of Adam Gadahn, a 31-year-old spokesman for al-Qaida who has appeared on videos threatening the West, including one that emerged earlier Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I can't comment on what drove this individual to do what he has done, but, I think a lot of Americans will be relieved to hear of the capture of Adam Gadahn by Pakistan Forces.
I doubt we'll hear much from any trial that might arise concerning his traitorous actions, but, this is where it will start.....with this news.

Good luck Adam. We'll see if it was worth what your about to go through.

Cuhail

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
His last known location was almost a year ago in Northern region at a strategy meeting for 2009. A successful drone strike killed the Taliban "chief war planner".
He was the lead American born in charge of their vetting, etc..

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Another snippet from the article...

Gadahn was arrested in the sprawling southern metropolis of Karachi in recent days, two officers who took part in the operation said. A senior government official also confirmed the arrest, but said it happened Sunday. The discrepancy could not immediately be resolved.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information.

The intelligence officials said Gadahn was being interrogated by Pakistani officials. Pakistani agents and those from the CIA work closely on some operations in Pakistan, but it was not clear if any Americans were involved in the operation or questioning.

I really hope that it's him they got. This guy is the best example of "Traitor" in wartime in a LONG time.

$1M bounty and a spot on the FBI Most Wanted List.
First American on trial for Treason in over 50 years.

Just a waiting game for confirmation, now.

Thanks for looking.
Cuhail

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Still waiting for some more information on Adam Gadahn's arrest.

Does anyone have ANYTHING to add?

Just checking.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It appears they didn't catch him.

After the message he released a few days ago, they were probably on massive raids/hunts... but it seems they didn't get him.

www.cnn.com...

top topics

join