It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petulant Child as President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
George Bush has spent most of his adult life engaged in anti-social behaviors. An active alcoholic and substance abuser, George had several major scrapes with the authorities: Drunk driving; AWOL; insider trading and other S.E.C. violations - to name but a few. If he did not have the social, economic and �friends in high places� George would have - most likely - spent a great deal of his adult life in jail.

These behaviors are the external signs of a troubled mind. Alcoholism is a recognized mental disorder. Just stopping the consumption of alcohol does not fully address the problem the disease causes. Nor will it address the problems created by the consequent arrested emotional development.

Egotistical; short tempered; self-serving; with a strong sense of entitlement, George extended his teenage years and behaviors well into adulthood. The drink and drugs � added to his emotional retardation - surely had a depressing effect on his mental capacity would create further problems and hamper his decision making process.

Bush changed his ways in his early 40�s through the efforts of a strong, loving wife and great inner courage and strength. For this he is to be commended and praised. One can not emphasize how much personal strength is required to make such a major life change. But a dozen or so years of rehabilitation is much to short of a time to correct and heal the damage done in the past.

Still evident today, among other personality quirks, is his impulsiveness. Many of his quick decisions and pronouncements had to be modified or quietly rescinded. He often makes inappropriate and embarrassing remarks in public. Sometimes one wonders if he knows what setting he is in: as he often picks his nose in public. Another example of inappropriate behavior was once slapped his wife's a$$ while in front of a large crowd and on national TV and says, "She's from west Texas - cleans up real good, eh?"

The White House has hired 2 editors whose only job is to edit the transcripts of George�s spoken words to correct the errors. And even then, sometimes it is impossible. At times the President has difficulty forming a proper and meaningful sentence; and has the demeanor more suitable for a �redneck� biker bar then the world's stage.

Often he shows contempt and little regard for both close friends and others by assigning often derisive and demeaning names nicknames rather than using their proper names. He refers to the leader of North Korea as �The midget penguin� causing great embarrassment to the United States and adding to our already troubled relationship with this country.
With these behavioral deficits in mind the zigzag path our country has taken under his leadership begins to come into focus and make sense.

This ,all anecdotal evidence � which we are all aware of � and I submit it for your review and consideration of a person in need of professional help.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here's some fun facts on W's drinking buddy...er...um...Vice President.

Nov 1962 Dick Cheney arrested for drunk driving.
1963 Dick Cheney arrested for drunk driving, again.
1963 Drops out of Yale.
1965 Seeks a 3-A deferment from Draft as having "dependents"
28 Jul 1966 Deferment granted when first child born... (do the math)
1978 Dick Cheney suffers a heart attack.
1984 Dick Cheney suffers a heart attack.
1988 Dick Cheney suffers a heart attack.
1989 "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service."
1995 Becomes Chairman and CEO of Halliburton.
23 Jun 1998 "The good Lord didn't see fit to put oil and gas only where there are democratically elected regimes friendly to the United States. Occasionally we have to operate in places where, all things considered, one would not normally choose to go. But, we go where the business is." Speech, Cato Institute. (Solved that problem didn't we?)
22 Nov 2000 Vice President-elect Dick Cheney suffers a heart attack.
22 Nov 2000 "Dick Cheney is healthy. He did not have a heart attack." George W Bush, spoken after Cheney was hospitalized earlier that day for a heart attack.
20 Jan 2001 Dick Cheney inaugurated as first ever Vice President with criminal DUI convictions (two) serving under only ever arrested (DUI) President. What are the odds? Some sterling administration.

Makes one wonder how Ashcroft got pancreatitis doesn't it?

Passed out on a pretzel my Heineken.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by RANT]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I care.

Would anyone in the Whitehouse like a pretzel? Baked not fried, GE-free, real healthy like...

Hey RANT... you noticed someone cares before I cared to say I care!

* or not *

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Must be all those "redneck" biker bars getting out the vote.

CLEVELAND - President Bush led John Kerry in a newspaper's statewide poll of voters in Ohio, considered a must-win state rich in electoral votes.

Bush led Kerry 47 percent to 41 percent among Ohio voters surveyed by phone for the poll, which The Plain Dealer released Saturday night. Three percent of voters said they favored independent Ralph Nader, although he has yet to qualify for the Ohio ballot. Nine percent were undecided.

From Cleveland Plain Dealer, via Miami Herald (subscription service).

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You know what?

I could care less about Dick being a drunk like GW; or GW�s a half-a-hat.

Just don�t matter to me one whit.

Just like Clinton � like a big so-what. He did the dirty in the O.O.

Who cares? And why!

I can�t get all exercised over someone being human.

Call me crazy. Call me a fool. But I�ll tell what�s important to me and what I look for when it come to vote. And I�ll make my point this way:

Remember when Clinton was president and if you blocked out all that noise on the cable tv and coming out of Washington and just looked around���what did ya see?

Folks were working; going out to dinner; making a few bucks in the stock market and the like���. And they were happy and for the most part talking with each other and being civil����.like it was tranquil. Sure we had problems but Bill said pay it no mind and we did���and went on the same as we were��..

Sure the problems didn�t all get fixed and some things got worse. But the world didn�t come to an end and every thing just kept working. We didn�t pay attention to the problems kept focus on the good and thing were just fine.

Now I know this type of attitude just make the blood of the control freaks go critical but that�s their problem���..things are just fine if you can keep that type out of the office and out in the field����you know from what I say.

Now look at Bush (he�s a jerk but that�s no matter) ��..

He�s got us focused on all the damned problems���.the more he works on them the worse they get. Were in a damn war the whole world hates us and the State Dept is telling everyone��.GET OUT. Folks ain�t working; or going to dinner and golly gee��we all hate each other. We ain�t happy; we worry about everything and were all scared or tired or both�����..

Ya see my point���.. That�s what I look at and that�s how I make up my mind. Now what of this Kerry guy? I don�t know. He�s a new commodity with no track record as president so who really can tell. Since you know I don�t give one twit about his drinking or bedding guess I�ll have to wait to see how he does! But I know what I got now and I do not take to it to kindly���..Pig in a poke? Maybe!

But seem to be joining a big group who�s saying the same thing, ANYBODY BUT BUSH!

The moral of this story is when ya go out looking for dog doody ya away find it; and if you go out looking for blue sky you�ll find that too. All depends on what ya want out of life cause you always find what you�re looking for��..

top topics

join