It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Drug Trade Complicates U.S. Task in Marjah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Afghan Drug Trade Complicates U.S. Task in Marjah

www.time.com

The impetus for the U.S.-led assault on Marjah began one moonless night last May when a squad of American and Afghan anti-narcotics agents, backed by U.S. Marines, slipped through the town's empty streets and raided the Lachoya opium bazaar.

Crashing open shutters, they found shop after shop stacked to the ceiling with bundles of opium, heroin, hashish, guns and improvised explosive devices used in roadside bombings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well this is an interesting article. Now anybody who knows anything about the so called "War On Drugs" knows that Afghanistan, along with Vietnam are the fueling for black projects from the CIA and other US intelligence agencies.

The fact that they refuse to burn the fields only goes to show that they will be most likely stealing the harvest and running it back to the US to sell to Americans.

I do have to wonder if Afghanistan can EVER be stabilized when so many rely on a the drug trade for their livelyhood?

Also having warned everybody that they were coming, which IMO is a good thing as most civilians were able to disperse before the fighting began, kind of makes it difficult to catch any drug smugglers and growers as they packed up and left as soon as they heard what was going on.

Thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry, I have difficulty swallowing horse puckey, seriously.

There is little to zero desire by World Government to stop drugs, period.

There is however a serious desire hidden under the altruistic lies though.

Taliban Build Multi-Million Dollar Insurgent Operation, Complicating U.S. Efforts

See, I have read just read far too many books, talked to far too many people, and seen far too much evidence to the contrary, that this is about the drugs.

It is however about the money, and keeping a continual flow of cash, funding in other words.

You need to read the book below because it speaks volumes about this :

The Underground Empire: Where Crime and Governments Embrace

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93234268a51c.jpg[/atsimg]

(Several covers and this is just one example of the cover art)

While it does not specifically speak on Afghanistan, it does cover America, Mexico, Hong Kong and various other places, where a former agency, called Centac, short for Central Tactical Unit which began taking down entire drug empires, systematically through the use of the little used Conspiracy Law.

Guess what happened to this successful organization?

It was hamstrung, politically had it's throat slit, by the D.E.A., F.B.I., and C.I.A.

It was a political turf battle on so many levels that these other Agencies killed it.

It was far too effective, was uncovering too many dirty secrets, and becoming a threat.

It was not the crass drugs and money on the table like the D.E.A.

I think it was becoming a political threat to people way higher on the food chain.

It is not the people necessarily in the middle, the Officer's working the streets, but thos politician's, both the one in Washington D.C., and the territorial ones heading each division, that do not want this perpetual money machine to ever end, because they are not seeking a solution.

After all, it is their cash cow, and why kill the cow that gives out cash?

[edit on 6-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

join