It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama buying votes for healthcare reform bill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Obama has appointed Scott Matheson (brother of Congressman Matheson) to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.Wednesday and that did not sit well with John McCormack, blogger for the Weekly Standard.

John McCormack, blogger for the Weekly Standard, accuses the Obama Administration of handing out favors to get the votes he needs to pass his health care bill by posting "The timing of this nomination looks suspicious."

Congressman Matheson has voted against the bill in the Energy and Commerce Committee back in July and again when it passed in the House in November, but now he's "undecided".

It would seem that we have no hope of change from the back room deals that has continuously eroded the nation.

link

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

found it.......

It's always been my opinion that this country is run from the golf course where there are no mics, cameras, reporters etc. just the principals holding promises and money along with the putters and 9 irons.

I honestly hoped that Obama would not be as corrupt as the rest of em. oops...

[edit on 5-3-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

So another foot over that line in the sand folks?

You know the one I am talking about. The line where we do something about it.

Another link in the chain for the slaves.

Health care, pffft. This is to be the next stage and final for me. Pass it Obama. I will not submit and I will not pay.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I posed the question yesterday. Rep. Matheson responds

It would appear that things are becoming interesting. I would say that these are desperate acts of a failing administration. How far will this go as people begin to investigate and learn what was apparent for a few from the very beginning: That Hope and Change was nothing but a slogan to distract the voters.

I look for Obama to "Wag the Dog" soon in order to save his presidency and have any chance at a second term, should HealthCare not pass. Provided of course, that passage and the economy does not split the nation in the process.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Well it seems no one wants to touch this one with a ten foot pole.

I am thinking that if he does change his vote, Obama and he should be investigated for corruption.

Remember back in the beginning of this whole nightmare. What was Blago trying to do with Obama's seat? Trying to get political favors for the appointment of the seat. Sounds awful familiar.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Indeed. The song remains the same. Of course the ones that knew that will just be accused of gloating or whatever.

So the harsh reality of seeing it all unfold in black and white is....nothing for a response. I am amazed, but I guess I shouldn't be.

join