It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast is the Status Quo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Who is the fourth beast then? Or rather what is the fourth beast?

Daniel 7:23 “Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.”

Daniel 7:24 “And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.”

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by P. O. W.
I was watching this pastor infomercial saying 7 signs of the antichrist to look for and he is here. He also said that a woman scarlet clothed will be atop the beast and she is a harlot.

That woman is organized religion.
Scarlet cloth means she is soaked in blood because of killing her opposers.
The beast is the world. Organized religions are bigger than you realize. Religious liasons rule the world. They direct politics; they control private militia. Illuminati is supported by the $$$ from organized religions. This is the upline.

And the beast will have 7 horns and 10 heads

The 7 horns are the 7 continents.
The 10 heads are the major players and ruling powers.

And said he will seem like a lamb but speak like a dragon , and that meant or was attributed to seem christ like but really be of satan.

Sometimes the reference is to lamb and wolf---wolf in sheep's clothing. Who pretends to lead the flock and yet wears the wool of the very lambs it has fleeced? When wolf becomes dragon...dragons breathe fire and smoke. If you follow the dragon you will be black as soot from it's smoke. If you follow the dragon you will be scorched by it's hellfire.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok lets put an end to the silliness. The Antichrist was a title given of a person in existence at the time it was written. For fear of punishment, it was written in a mysterious way to conceal who it was speaking of. The Antichrist was Nero Caesar, and the 616 and 666 options were the choices for which ever of the two languages at the time in which his name was calculated. Insert Nero Caesar as the Antichrist, and FINALLY everything makes sense. Unfortunately this is no fun for some folks whom are obsessed with creating nonsense upon nonsense and then debating which view of nonsense is correct.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Well then you have nothing to worry about, as the end has already come with the destruction of the Roman Empire. I suppose we are living in heaven then right now? Either that or the bible is wrong?

I'm not focused on the 666 thing as much as I am the possible implications of the mark and how it is applied today. How would you identify it today? I think it matches the attitude of the status quo...accepting everything given by the authority of man.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
ExPostFacto, the nonsense about the end times and heavens that we assume resulted from the madness of mistransulations and misinterprtetations to which you like many have fallen victim to. The only cure to a rational and sensible understanding of what was truly intended in the book of revelation is a complete clean slate of mind. Freed of the brainwashing of religion you have been exposed to. With a fresh mind, then you can see how it all makes sense. I used to be one of the many christian victims of the delusion, its a THOROUGH, THOROUGH brainwashing.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by pplrnuts]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I see. So you are saying people are living within a box that prevents them from having a clean slate to interpret the book of revelations and end times? I think we are talking about the same thing. Likewise, I am not religious as you assumed. I am standing on the outside looking in at another interpretation of what Jesus might have actually have been saying. He was saying "Wake the hell up people! Or you will live in this madness forever." He was giving a way out of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've heard many theories regarding the mark of the beast. Its always been a subject I am interested in, but the more ive studied religion the more apparent it is that the bible (amongst all other writings, ancient and modern) is not to be trusted. Do you really think propaganda didnt exist back when it was written? I also do not discount all what is written as being false. There is most likely truth hidden amongst the lies, because after all, a lie is most believable when mixed with truth. And religion is one hell of a lie so there must be some really good truth mixed in there. (And there certainly is)

The passage describing the mark and its number has clearly been edited as there are discrepancies between different translations , most specifically for the number as already has been stated in this thread (666 vs 616). Also the oldest scrolls we have are not the originals. So if this has been edited, then its likely other parts have been too.

The book of Revelation, as well as the rest of the bible, in my opinion, is merely a means to control people through fear. It has been expertly compiled by highly knowledgable people, with intent. Blackmailing you for your soul. It does it in such a way there is no escape and that any deviation from the path the church places in front of you will lead to eternal damnation.

THIS IS THE GREAT DECEPTION.

An absolute lie and travesty as we all have our own unique paths, and nobody should define them for us. The true amount and extent of lives (not only human, but all life on this planet) destroyed because of this is impossible to know.

So in forcing the prophecies they believe in to come to pass, they have actually became the very thing they were fabricating. But ultimately, it means nothing because it is all man made.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Firefly_]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the theory. It's a good one to keep in mind. That is really interesting how a cross makes a box when folded up, powerful imagery.
It is neat how all these things and ideas express themselves in reality. In other words, even if the Bible is entirely made up, which I don't believe, even if it was the ideas came from somewhere and there are all sorts of connections and synchronicities. Especially with 666. Not to derail but just to use Carbon as an example, it's what flesh is made of and it is the 6th element.

And yes 616 is the alternative number, but just because it is lessser known and more cryptic, doesn't make it automatically correct. That might not be what was meant exactly, but the point should be made too. Each number can have it's own theories around it.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Roll over and let me in, its been a long way where I've been.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
In the end times the bible describes what will happen to God's people. They will be ridiculed, sent to prison, and put to death. I highly doubt it will be Christians that see this fate providing they are following the establishments version of Christianity.

So who will be ridiculed, sent to prison, and put to death? Anyone who goes against the status quo! Anyone who questions the authority of the beast, will not find work. Anyone who questions the beast, will not be public figures. Anyone who stands up for what is just and right will be ridiculed. Anyone who offers there opinion will be silenced.

That sounds an awful lot like conspiracy theorists to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
616 is also the gematria of Jethro. If you remember, Jethro was a Midianite priest (sorcerer, magician) and the father-in-law of Moses. He is the one who taught Moses how to delegate responsibilities using the pyramidal system. He advised Moses on how to appoint subordinate judges and rulers to handle the multiplicity of duties over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.

We are still using this same system of Canaanite rule today.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The coming (actually it's already in to some point) Christian persecution is for the people who choose to follow God and His laws - to show their allegiance to God.

If you read about Nebuchadnezzar in the Bible, and Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refusing to worship the gold idol (when the music started playing), they were thrown into a furnace - and Jesus brought all three through the fire, and safely out. Because of that Nebuchadnezzar started worshiping God after he saw how He saved them.

If you read the headlines, you can't miss all of the news stories popping up regarding Christian persecution - over in the third world countries, China, and now even in the states. It's just started I'd say in the past year or so in the states - and according to the Bible, it will get worse as we go along.

It started with taking prayer out of school, and progressed to removing any mention of "God" from the schools as well - i.e. no more pre game prayers before the Friday night football games, no pledging allegiance to the flag, etc.

As far as "antichrists" - the Bible says that anyone who rejects Jesus is an "antichrist". So there are gazillions of them on the planet right now. But the end time Antichrist will be "the" beast aka 666. If that is the chip, or what, I'm still trying to figure it out.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This passage talks about the many antichrists:

1 John 2:

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

The coming (actually it's already in to some point) Christian persecution is for the people who choose to follow God and His laws - to show their allegiance to God.

I think you are confusing education and persecution: educating others to falsehoods and lies is not persecution.

If you read about Nebuchadnezzar in the Bible, and Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refusing to worship the gold idol (when the music started playing), they were thrown into a furnace - and Jesus brought all three through the fire, and safely out. Because of that Nebuchadnezzar started worshiping God after he saw how He saved them.

Jesus was not even born yet during old testament times. You are very confused. Nowhere does scripture say that Jesus led them through the fire. You are parrotting rhetoric that religionists have twisted and mistold. This is an invented story.

It started with taking prayer out of school, and progressed to removing any mention of "God" from the schools as well - i.e. no more pre game prayers before the Friday night football games, no pledging allegiance to the flag, etc.

Again, you are confusing education with persecution. No one has taken away your right to prayer or religious education. You can always go to sunday school if you care to bend your ears toward that tickling.

As far as "antichrists" - the Bible says that anyone who rejects Jesus is an "antichrist". So there are gazillions of them on the planet right now.

Well, I am glad that you realise "anti-christ" is plural and not a singular person as so many christians seem to think. There are many teachings out there with conflicting information, and they all call themselves the "true" religion.

But the end time Antichrist will be "the" beast aka 666. If that is the chip, or what, I'm still trying to figure it out.

The Anti-christs are those who are followers of corporate religion and who do not have the true spirit of love for one another. They are too busy judging others instead of loving them. The anti-christs are the ones who will kill others, saying they are doing it in the name of Jesus. A true christian is known by his fruits of love and kindness, not by his adherence to church rules, Mosaic laws, or loyalty to denominational teachings.

The 'chip' is not the anti-christ; anti-christs are people. The 'beast' is the system we live in which is motivated by greed and deception. The entire system revolves around corporate religion. They make the laws and government enforces them. It has always been that way in every culture through the ages.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

So I take it you are a non believer then? My first clue is the repetitive denouncing of the Bible -

You are skating on the same thin ice that millions of people are right now - but God gives us all a choice - we can follow Him, or reject Him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join