It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather watch forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hi ATS, just wanted give my 2 cents that perhaps there should be a "weather watch" or "natural disasters" forum?? With all the threads on earthquakes lately, I'm finding them in science and fragile earth etc..It would seem fiiting to have a weather watch/natural disaster forum given the many threads we recieve on weather-related events.. Just a suggestion!

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Although im a noob here and i dont think my vote counts for to much, i think that sounds like a cool idea.
Where i live we dont battle with earthquakes and stuff like that but we do have some extreme weather, One minute its a scortching 32deg cel, next your having such i violent thunder storm you dont know if the neighborhood will survive. So i think it would be cool to have a thread/forum to report these type of things.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EndOfWesternCivilization

I agree. While we *do* have "Fragile Earth" to post said threads in, it's very broad and anything pertaining to "Earth" in general. We don't have a forum yet exclusive to weather-related events.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
we could alsways call it the sky is falling forum where people actually for the first time in their life walk outside and think that there is something wrong with the weather because they never experienced it before.

here is a hint to all those who think the weather is strange, listen to the words used when reporting.
words like "Once in a century" or "for the first time in recorded history" or, "not sinse X years ago have we experienced"

it isn't rare or uncommon weather, its just as we live less than 100 years we think it is strange, if you lived for 1,000 years you would be asking what all the fuss is about.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The Fragile Earth Forum is where most members post threads about earthquakes etc, however, the description says: "Discussion of climate change, pollution, and environment issues".

I agree and think there should be a new forum like "The Natural Disasters" forum.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Sounds fine to me.."Sky is falling" would kinda fit the theme around here, tho it could be sort of a mockery to those who really take it seriously in a gloom and doom sort of way. :p Anyway, I don't care just as long as it's exclusive to weather-related events!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Sounds perfect to me! or the 'repeat the same thread about the same eq's several times forum

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by groomlake9
reply to post by Wookiep

The Fragile Earth Forum is where most members post threads about earthquakes etc, however, the description says: "Discussion of climate change, pollution, and environment issues".

I agree and think there should be a new forum like "The Natural Disasters" forum.

To be fair, I did note that this forum exsists, just above your post, and for good reason! Fragile earth serves an excellent role in ATS, I just think it's too broad and we could use a forum for the sole pourpose of weather-related events, which I saw you agreed with.
I had to use someones post to bump this!!

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would like to bump this thread also. I think it would be a good thing if we had a forum just for weather. I think most of us have some thoughts on our weather at this time. Lets try to keep it real and acurate. It could mean someones life.

top topics

join