It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HB1388 Passed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
in an effort to clear this up and, because I am a bit fuzzy thanks to some post cruise dizziness, follow my thinking and we'll try and figure out where the thread belongs. (in the interim, let's not attack the staff for trying to do their job).

so, tsloan posts that a health care bill was passed while the earthquake was on all the news channels. the bill # is, coincidentally, one that has been attached to a variety of other failed bills over the years.

edsinghe points out that this bill, which is actually related to hamas refugees, was not passed and is a hoax

tsloan posts a link that doesn't work and another one showing that a bill passed on January, 2009 and does pertain to gaza refugees.

edsinghe agrees that the bill is not a hoax and was passed

correct so far?

and now, the op states that a health care bill was passed during the earthquake, presumably, behind the collective backs of the public.

but the bill shown to be real, which has nothing to do with health care, was passed in April 09.

the earthquake was days ago.

so, what, exactly, do we have here?

edit: adjusted the passing date on the bill to reflect the correct month and year.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Crakeur]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Hi Sloan,
You can see exactly where I live. You're quite right that the order is a year old, and there is nothing so far to say that it is now passed,(while we were watching the Chile event and healthcare) that is. Setaside money is not uncommon for dealing with refugees, and not more than 20.3ml is not a lot of money. America has done it before, as well as for their own citizens, (refugees) of the American civil war, The Bureau of Refugees. Refugees may or may not be a emotive subject, but that does make your post right however.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think this is in the correct forum - Deconstructing Information and Deflection.

While the OP copied information from a spam mail and most of his information is incorrect - it is STILL a good practical exercise in deconstructing disinformation.

HR means House Ruling - a House of Representatives sponsored bill and this wasn't in HR1388.

This was over a year ago and not something passed under people's noses while watching Chili.

A Presidential MEMORADUM such as this in the FEDERAL REGISTER does not carry as much "weight" as an executive order; but, the funds WERE directed.

More stars for endisnigh because he or she is actually SEARCHING and not just copying spam mail to rehash old thread topics.

Crakeur - this is incorrect:

tsloan posts a link that doesn't work and another one showing that a bill passed on January, 2009 and does pertain to gaza refugees.

The funds were NOT a part of a passed "bill". In fact HR1388 references are the major "false" part of the OP. (Not counting the implication it passed while people watched Chili news which was also false.)

[edit on 2/3/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Hi trex,
I agree, and would like to add the fact that the money to be used is available to be given to other governments, as I read it. So even the order as it's written, is non-specific, other than providing money.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Dammit, I should almost delete my first posts and start all over.

I wish I would have noticed what forum the thread was posted in before my first comment.

Sorry again OP.:bnghd:

From what I have come across is yes, HR 1388 was passed back in the spring last year.

As for the (Memorandum-thanks for the correction) that is also correct that was also passed.

But all of the conclusions and inferences from the email are completely inflammatory especially the dates on the occurrences and that the refugees would be coming to the US. It is an allocation for humanitarian efforts.

Now OP, if you posted this specifically in this forum, I am sorry if you wanted to go over the disinfo tactics on it.

If not, well, one must do some more in depth info gathering before posting that kind of stuff.

You are and will always be, My Friend.

edit to fix E.O. to Memorandum Thanks

[edit on 3/2/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The HR1388 is here

here is the summary

nether page even has the word Gaza or Palestinians on it

Now if its HB1388 I can only find this which is Indiana House Bill
and this which is New Hampshire. Neither one about the original post. I'm sure each state has its own HB1388

When I do find HB1388 besides State Gov sites I only find sites like

Campain For Liberty which says its about Forced Servitude Bill or blogs/forums about an email that was mentioned in my first post.

I'm still digging to prove my self wrong about HR/HB1388 and that it is not just a letter that does not say anything about refugees moving into America
example of what I'm saying

hoax-slayer
world net daily

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Hi End,
Maybe one like this,
www.sodahead.com...

Have to say again though, there is no direct mention of anyone coming to the US, only about the administration of the money. Of course it may be intended that way, and the door could still be open...don't see much wrong with that anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I was under the impression that the original post was just flat out wrong and that was what created the follow up corrections by other members and resulted in the thread moving, albeit temporarily, to the hoax forum.

back to discussing, um, now I don't know what we're discussing.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
:bnghd:

As for the E.O. that is also correct that was also passed.

Head-Banging isn't allowed! You're doing great, keep at it.

And by the way - it was a MEMORADUM and NOT an "E.O." (Executive Order).

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the correction.

You know, I did this exact same thing about 2-4 months ago on another DD&D thread.

Did some quick research and then posted my stuff, before trying to find out everything.

Arghh.

I vow to look at the FORUM SECTION for now on before saying anything.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

If the Chile and Healthcare references are not to be found elsewhere would that make a difference? I thought this forum would be intended to unravel an already known hoax, or disinfo, rather than a post created for it...it's in the presentation as I see it.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
How about changing the thread title to:

"Practical Exercise" and adding an appropriate moderator comment in the OP like you all do sometimes?

Otherwise, I'll rescind my vote and allow the "toss it in the HOAX-bin" to win the vote on this one.

There? Anybody? What do you all say? Has it crossed that nebulous line into "HOAX" - or - is it just an opportunity to practice new and old skills?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I'm of the belief that the original purpose for the thread was to discuss the administration's using the earthquake in chile as a means of distraction while the health care bill was passed.

now, the healthcare bill was not passed and the bill in question was passed last summer. So, was the original post a mistake? I think so. I think the original intent of the thread was not where we are now but, regardless, the topic is a good one so carry on with it.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Crakeur]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes, I have not seen a comment from the OP saying it was his intention t dissect this as Disinfo.

I would say my original comment of Hoax was correct because of the use of truths to foment a Lie is a Hoax.

Maybe I did okay. Experience-the mother of knowledge, I guess.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
As for the (Memorandum-thanks for the correction) that is also correct that was also passed.

edit to fix E.O. to Memorandum Thanks

[edit on 3/2/2010 by endisnighe]

Psssst - Memorandums are not "passed" - they are "issued".

Perhaps a search on "federal register" and "memorandum" is in order?

Hang in there! You're getting there!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yes,
I do think it was a hoax intended, and then there was the brush-off to me,(you're not from DC) actually I am...Down County
as for the added content by the OP, it kind of infers a poltical content, (i'm focusing on politics now) liberals are okay with it, conservatives are shaking in their boots, so the op's having a laugh..I think? the OP did not do a good job with the hoax, unlike this,

www.sodahead.com...

Although that linked post was catched soon enough too. As to the actual document, FR Doc E9-2488 there is nowhere in it that actually says refugees would be planted in the US, it deals with the administration of money, and compensation to US departments and international governments. No mention of Hamas, hemas or hermas.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Just for your info, I could be labeled a conservative, so something like this is kind of like Black Propaganda.

Makes my side look like idiots to perpetuate a hoax or to foment derision.

So, do not be happy for either side.

This is what we should do, find the truth.

Keep up the good work smurfy.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Oh well, now i feel like a silly little ATS poster. Cheers for clearing that up endisnighe, i should google more before posting methinks.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Solomons]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join