It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Paul Returns Over $100,000 to Treasury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Congressman Paul Returns Over $100,000 to Treasury

Washington, D.C. - Congressman Ron Paul has continued to run his Congressional office in a frugal manner, and was able to return more than $100,000 from his allotted office budget to the Treasury this year, an increase over the $90,000 returned last year.

“Since my first year in Congress representing the 14th district I have managed my office in a frugal manner, instructing staff to provide the greatest possible service to the people of the 14th district at the least possible cost to taxpayers,” said Paul.

Obama statement on public financing...

Obama explained his decision to opt out of the public financing system, saying, "public financing of presidential elections as it exists today is broken, and we face opponents who've become masters at gaming this broken system.

YEAH SURE.

And tens of millions Obama had left from his 2008 election? What did he do with it? I've not found what he did with it, but I've read several hypothesis, keep it for the 2012 election, fund his transition team, bailout the democratic party which was about 15 millions in debt... Anyway I've not read anywhere that he gave it back to the people and if he would have done so, it would have been everywhere.

So... who's really change? And really cares about the people? Ron Paul or Obama? Yes that's what I thought.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's commendable that Ron Paul has seen fit to return unused funds. It would be nice if politicians on both sides of the political fence would follow his example.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

There are regulations in place that restrict the use of campaign donations. And for the record, the money I donated to Obama's campaign....I don't want it used to pay off debt...I want it to go towards it's intended purpose, campaigning.

for comparing Ron Paul's allotted office budget to President Obama's campaign donations....apples and oranges

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I always thought Ron Paul was a good guy, but he could be just 'playing' the good cop.
But hopefully he is an honest polition (if I can utter those two words in the same sentence..) and soon people will follow in his foot steps! We really need some more Ron Paul's in office. (if he's true to his word, of course.) xD

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In a German TV show they sent a person with an attaché case containing
about 20,000.00 € - corresponding to the per-capita debt of a German -
on his way to pay this debt back to the government. After addressing I don´t
know how many offices on all levels, he was unable to get rid of his money.
The German law does not provide for such a case.

I am astonished to see that this works with Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Star and Flag OP!

It really says alot doesn't it!

You know I remember rearding an article about senseless spending on how politicans use private jets to get around and Ron Paul just driving wherever using his own car and keeping the gas receipts for reimbursements.

Now that's not even fiscal conservatism, it's just being responsible!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well this has to be one of the most uplifting threads I have read all day and my first flag of the day goes to this one.

I have learnt alot about this man over the years and it is very comforting to know that there is at least 1 congressman who isnt corrupt. It just goes to show how all the other greedy politicians don't give a damn and spend spend spend

Thankyou for posting this worthwhile thread whilst others bicker and argue over the upteen polical threads that have turned up over the last week or so.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There's a lot to respect about Ron Paul. I really wish he was younger, because even though he's becoming very popular, I don't think he has a chance in 2012, simply because of his age. He's a good guy, though.

new topics

top topics

join