It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid evolution shows adaptability of polar bears: study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Rapid evolution shows adaptability of polar bears: study

ca.news.yahoo.com

The gist of this story is that polar bears appear to be a very fast evolving sub-species of brown bears that split off about 150,000 years ago DURING A TIME WHEN THE ARTIC WAS WARMER THAN IT IS NOW.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I bring this story to the attention of ATSer's as it relates to the theory of Antropogenic sources of global warming.

The polar bear DNA provides evidence that the current cycle of warming in the Artic is, in fact, still colder than previous warming cycles.

This information may be used to undermine the current theory of an anthropogenic source of global warming.

In fact - I do believe there is another thread on ATS that provides articles from newspaper archives showing that the artic was warmer and there was even less ice during the 1930's

I do believe that this may be a piece of the puzzle although I understand that there is a difference between localized temperature cycles and global temperature cycles.

However, I believe this article does undermines the current theory that warming in the artic circle is "proof" of anthropogenic sources of global warming.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Polar bears have been there for centuries,maybe longer-That alone shows they are very adaptable to their surroundings.

Top scavengers when they have to be:

Catching some Bread!

englishrussia.com...

Hanging out down the local (working)industrial quarry!

englishrussia.com...-5178

Masters of survival,very intelligent.
They will be OK I think.

join