It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault weapons ban to be reinstated,gunshows closed.Eric Holders war on self defense.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

I have herd older talk about the .50 cal as if it should be used by military only.
With the congress and senate stacked the laws have a real possibility to be passed swiftly.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed

These men are all attorneys they know history they KNOW it.

These men are evil.

We truly have criminals running this government.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by TaxpayersUnleashed]

That just reminds me of Shakespeare's solution in Henry VI, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".

(not to be taken as an actual endorsement of murder)

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Humm interesting I am very sure i looked at the date and it stated 2010.
If this is the case, My apologies I for one do not want to be string the pot on 2nd amendment attacks.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
As I also said, in principal I would have agreed with him more if he hadn't put such a right wing slant on it.

Proving, yet again, that you are a partisan hack!
The right to bear arms is the right to bear arms. There is no right-wing, left-wing paradigm to hang your hat on. The Bill of Rights provides this - period!

Do you deny that Barack Obama once went by the name Barry Soetoro? What is wrong with refering to him by a name that he legally held?

This is NOT about the partisanship of gun ownership rights. This is about the rights of Americans being arbitrarily taken away over personal ideologies. Whereas I can see from the OP's post his poitical leanings - it does NOT having anything to do with the bigger issue - the taking away of rights!

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I don't believe they will try to hammer it through in the days to come. However, if it looks like the Dems are going to lose the majority anyway, what would hold them back. It is a stated goal and the circumstances could arise in short order to make them try it.

They could possibly slide it in to the 2,700 page health care bill that most politicians probably haven't read. They tried to slide prosecution of CIA agents in a bill last week. They waited untill the last possible minute to slide in language to prosecute gov't employees acting in a way they were told was legal.

I know it is almost apples and oranges. Yet, there is a track record building of disregard for what the populace wants. They are also building a record for using Repulican style sneak tactics to get their way. So if they get their back against the wall and it looks like the house of cards will fall, they could very well try. There is nothing more dangerous than a person with nothing left to lose and no one to be accountable to.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join