It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jenny McCarthy’s Son May Not Have Had Autism After All

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Jenny McCarthy changes her mind about vaccinations and autism.

"After years of speaking publicly about her belief that MMR shots (immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella) caused her son to suffer from autism, Jenny McCarthy now faces the reality that her 7-year-old son Evan — who no longer shows any signs of autism — may likely have lived with completely different illness."

www.hollywoodlife.com...

It's too bad this airhead convinced so many not to have their children protected.

Shame people rally behind these celebrities and mimic their actions without any independent thought whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully

Shame people rally behind these celebrities and mimic their actions without any independent thought whatsoever.

How do you know someone doesn't have independent thought?

You DON'T.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

So is she saying that Landau-Kleffner syndrome is not a form of autism or are you..? I have looked through this thread and I am unsure why you even mentioned what another member has posted in the past.. thats not really evidence; that is playing chinese whispers. There are probably dozens of medical practitioners lurk these boards. If they want to chime in they will.

I am saying that there is no provable connection between any form of autism and vaccination. The original paper was faked. The doctor had his license revoked. The medical student offered to research medical publications for another poster.
When some of the anti-vaccine people discovered that the small amounts of merthiolate used to preserve the vaccine had been removed, they shifted gears and tried to blame other components. There is no correlation, so whatever the cause for autism, it isn't vaccines.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Landau-Kleffner is not autism, and as far as I know, is not under the umbrella of autism spectrum disorders. It's a type of aphasia, and exhibits EEG patterns that are not characteristic of autism. That's not to say many symptoms aren't similar, in that there is some degree of neurodegeneration and a problem with language. However, I'm unable to find anything in my textbooks, both clinical and non-clinical, that suggests LKS is linked, in any way, to autism.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Current science shows A LOT of things that are completely wrong or end up being completely wrong. Galileo was ridiculed and completely admonished for thinking the Earth revolved around the sun. Didn't the same thing happen with that guy that thought the Earth was round vs. flat?

Medical science currently brainwashes people like you and the US into thinking saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease. The science is completely biased and manipulated. So you have no argument. [SNIP]
The entire Germ Theory of disease is bs. Pasteur even admitted this on his death bed.

Personal attack removed

[edit on 10/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Current science shows A LOT of things that are completely wrong or end up being completely wrong. Galileo was ridiculed and completely admonished for thinking the Earth revolved around the sun. Didn't the same thing happen with that guy that thought the Earth was round vs. flat?

The difference being, people didn't believe Galileo due to a lack of access to information. We don't have that problem anymore, thanks to scientific publication databases and wide-spread peer review.

Medical science currently brainwashes people like you and the US into thinking saturated fat and cholesterol cause heart disease. The science is completely biased and manipulated. [SNIP]

Reported for personal attacks, a violation of the TOS here. I hope you hold me to the same standard and report any such posts I make. It's only fair, but I truly had to report you for posting such a vitriolic attack on myself and my profession without any substance to support it.

The entire Germ Theory of disease is bs. Pasteur even admitted this on his death bed.

I'm not sure you and I have the same understanding of the "Germ Theory of Disease". It wasn't created by Pasteur, first of all, so I don't personally care what his thoughts are on it. All the theory shows is that disease can be caused by microorganisms, and that spontaneous generation does not occur. Which part of this do you disagree with?

Personal attack removed from quote

[edit on 10/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Originally posted by riley

So is she saying that Landau-Kleffner syndrome is not a form of autism or are you..? I have looked through this thread and I am unsure why you even mentioned what another member has posted in the past.. thats not really evidence; that is playing chinese whispers. There are probably dozens of medical practitioners lurk these boards. If they want to chime in they will.

I am saying that there is no provable connection between any form of autism and vaccination. The original paper was faked. The doctor had his license revoked. The medical student offered to research medical publications for another poster.
When some of the anti-vaccine people discovered that the small amounts of merthiolate used to preserve the vaccine had been removed, they shifted gears and tried to blame other components. There is no correlation, so whatever the cause for autism, it isn't vaccines.

The article YOU posted mentions a syndrome which IS A FORM OF AUTISM (they have the same symptoms) so your thread title is false and your assertion that there is no proof is false. You have provided no evidence that proves that syndrome is not caused by vaccines even though you were asked to. For some reason you keep ignoring that point even though that was the basis for your OP title.

You said "may not have had autism after all" yet the syndrome IS a form of autism so you cannot keep accusing her of LIEING which is exactly what you've done. You are still accusing her of being the bad guy and spreading BS when the article misquoted her. Have you got ANY proof that that syndrome was not caused by vaccines? Of course you don't. You just mentioned wakefield being debunked even though he has NOTHING to do with the syndrome her kid perhaps has. You talk about shifting geers yet have decided to just ignore that inconvenient gaping hole you made with the OP.

Provide proof that Landau-Kleffner syndrome is not a form of autism.. if you can provide proof that all those vaccinated autistic children do not just have Landau-Kleffner syndrome. Prove that vaccinations do not cause the syndrome. You apologised for posting a shoddy article yet you are still argueing as if it is true.

Personally I believe vaccines are causing Landau-Kleffner syndrome and the medical industry are sending parents home with a diagnosis of autism to shut them up.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by riley]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well I have an autistic child and it is one of the biggest hardships anyone would have endured. It’s so hard to see the child that you created be pulled from you. They had a personality before they got ill at 14-15 months old. My son got ill after his MMR shot and it was like he had the flu. Rapidly, after he started to loose his speech and odd behavior took place. It was odd commercials on TV that where serious became funny to him, normal mamma and daddy became nonexistent. He totally stopped talking. Can you image if your 15 month old stopped talking and could not say one word. You would freak out and try to find out what the hell is going on. As we did, now he is 10 years old and is still in the same situation. Can’t say a word of English. Truly his problems started after is MMR/DPT shot, he got really ill like flu ill and a fever so bad we took him to the emergency room. Then after that point he was digressing. I am not pointing fingers, but the facts stack agents the shots for me.
I am now a single father with a child that is truly Autistic and wil

l be that until the end. I am the only one that will be able to take care of him throughout his life. I am 33 years old and on my own, no wife to help and limited family to help. But I am a leader and will persevere threw what God troughs at me.

To be honest I just want him to be able to say daddy. He is 10 years old now and is a wonderful person but still cannot communicate, without some sign language he has learned.
My heart and soul breaks every day.

Morpheus

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorpheusUSA
Well I have an autistic child and it is one of the biggest hardships anyone would have endured. It’s so hard to see the child that you created be pulled from you. They had a personality before they got ill at 14-15 months old. My son got ill after his MMR shot and it was like he had the flu. Rapidly, after he started to loose his speech and odd behavior took place. It was odd commercials on TV that where serious became funny to him, normal mamma and daddy became nonexistent. He totally stopped talking. Can you image if your 15 month old stopped talking and could not say one word. You would freak out and try to find out what the hell is going on. As we did, now he is 10 years old and is still in the same situation. Can’t say a word of English. Truly his problems started after is MMR/DPT shot, he got really ill like flu ill and a fever so bad we took him to the emergency room. Then after that point he was digressing. I am not pointing fingers, but the facts stack agents the shots for me.
I am now a single father with a child that is truly Autistic and wil

I am very sorry for what happened to you but it is an all to common story.

emedicine.medscape.com...
Behavioral and neuropsychological disturbances

* Behavioral disturbances are seen in as many as 78% of the patients. Some patients may appear deaf or autistic. The diagnosis of autism is often considered because of the common presence of asyntaxia, parapsias, and verbal stereotypies. Hyperactivity and a decreased attention span are observed in as many as 80% of patients. Aggressive and oppositional behavior, including rage attacks, is not unusual. The aggression and rage may be so prominent that the patients may be admitted to a psychiatric service rather than a neurologic service, either initially or during the course of the disease. Anxiety and avoidant or bizarre behavior may also be seen.

The question whould not be whether or not Jenny's kid was autistic.. but how many other children are being sent home with the label of "autism" instead of a more accurate Landau-Kleffner Syndrome? What measures are being taken to ensure that these autistic children have not aquired this syndrome at some time?

Are vaccinations causing Landau-Kleffner Syndrome?

edit to ad.

www.ninds.nih.gov...
What is Landau-Kleffner Syndrome?

Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS) is a rare, childhood neurological disorder characterized by the sudden or gradual development of aphasia (the inability to understand or express language) and an abnormal electro-encephalogram (EEG). LKS affects the parts of the brain that control comprehension and speech. The disorder usually occurs in children between the ages of 5 and 7 years. Typically, children with LKS develop normally but then lose their language skills for no apparent reason.

Go to ANY autism message board and you will see this story over and over again. Parents talking aout how their children just "slipped away overnight" and how they lost language skills for no apparent reason..

While many of the affected individuals have seizures, some do not. The disorder is difficult to diagnose and may be misdiagnosed as autism, pervasive developmental disorder, hearing impairment, learning disability, auditory/verbal processing disorder, attention deficit disorder, mental retardation, childhood schizophrenia, or emotional/behavioral problems.

Autism is and always has been just a set of symptoms..usually without a conclusive cause. How can we be sure this disease is rare when there are SO MANY autistic children who have suddenly developed the exact same symptoms? Imo they are using the diagnosis of autism as an easy way out. Apparently most autisms have no known cause and parents should just accept it's mysterious onset as just being bad luck or something?

SOMETHING is causing autism and the existence of this syndrome is more that coincidence.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by riley]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join