It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken PS3 !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My PS3 has broken!

Playing a bit of soccom and it just died, and to make matter worse i bought Unreal tournament 3 yesterday and it came today to greet a dead ps3

Its 3 months old 60gb model, AND i have no receipt

I rang GAME up and they said if i can provide the date i bought it then they can replce it, no now ive got to rub me noggin and remember :bnghd:

But i swear if i get no replacement im gonna open up the gates of hell on game!

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Hey man just do what i did when my ps3 got the YLOD and take it Eb Games or some place where you can exchange your ps3 and just say you want a ps3 slim because they look cooler or somthing to that effect and then you will get about a 150$ credit towards your new ps3 worked for me. Oh and dont forget to write down false info so they cant track you down

P.S. Socom used to be good till they changed from Zipper and MAN UP AND PLAY C.O.D YOU NEWB!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My PS3 bricked this week. Yellow light of death. Sending it to sony for repairs, second time I had to do it. But what ever, I am mad that this is the second time it has broken, but after of 100's of hours of running things have to fail at some point.

Originally posted by SmokinMan

P.S. Socom used to be good till they changed from Zipper and MAN UP AND PLAY C.O.D YOU NEWB!!!

Bro, not to get too far off topic. But Zipper moved to bigger and better things. If you like socom and COD check out MAG. Best game out there! Made by Zipper it has the socom feel, and lacks the cheezy COD MW2 crap.

Imagine a FPS where you get rewarded for helping your teammates out and for working as a team. The best part is most people actually want to work as a team. Defiantly a headset is required game.

I have been playing MAG since September from the first level of beta testing and I am still in love with it . Of course there are some little flaws, mainly that focus's around that some maps are too one sided, which is how Zipper had some Socom maps. Overall the game runs smooth. It puts 256 online players on one map, and no lag. Graphics are not in the same class as something as MW2 and Bad Company, but the game works. Its defiantly ground breaking FPS like the first MW was. The game isn't getting much advertising, but I have not played with one person who had gone back to MW2 after playing MAG.

Check it out.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-2-2010 by testrat]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokinMan

I don't recommend trying this because they check the systems before they take the credit. Also, they ask for your drivers license. Anyway you should call sony and have the sn on hand. this way you can be sure it is out of warranty and see how much it will cost to fix it.

Sorry to hear about the loss, i go ballistic when a console breaks, my 360 went 3 times already. luckily i have a ps3 now also.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by mvirata]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

How did you pay for it?
If it was with a debit card, check your bank statements.
If it was with a credit card, check your credit card statements.
If it was with cash, well, rack that noodle...

As a rule, with any piece of expensive electronics, you should always:
1. Photocopy the receipt, and file it in a file.
2. Tape the receipt to the back/bottom of the unit. (it may eventually fade, which is why you make the copy)
3. File the warranty info (along with the copy of the receipt), or even keep it under the device.

The above steps have saved me a LOT of grief when having trouble with such items.

new topics

top topics

join