It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ Top 5 Ways To Fake A UFO ~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45c3ad8b8802.jpg[/atsimg]

Finally, some helpful advice for the tricky hoaxer type...

5. Make it believable.

4. Shoot the video poorly.

3. Light your UFO properly.

2. Keep your video resolutions in check - NO HD!!!

1. Don't show the aliens!

Was that a UFO sighting...or a hoax? It turns out that crafting a UFO video hoax is quite easy if you know the right tricks. James Williams gets five tips from an accomplished UFO hoax video creator.

Source And Video From "The Faking Hoaxer" Click Here and other inspiration from here.

How can we really know for sure anymore

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hoaxers really get on my T*ts!

They completely discredit genuine sightings and ufology as a whole, the amount of brain dead idiots that waste time faking it is unbelievable, there should be a law against it!

Why do these people make themselves look that stupid? Is somebody out there paying them to do it?

Rant over!

So have you started this thread to kindly inform us of how to spot a hoax?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

How can we really know for sure anymore

Easy, with the help of imaging experts and logical thinking. On ATS two great imaging experts come to mind in internos and ArMaP.

Thanks for sharing...

BTW...The "UFO" in your OP was the infamous ISSAC Drone hoax, it was CGI.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by findlesticks
So have you started this thread to kindly inform us of how to spot a hoax?

Yes, of course!

It appears quite easy these days...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

All it takes is a hubcap or a frisbee or even a few coins. I've been making UFO hoax photos since I was twelve. Anything from soup can lids to auto parts can make a convincing UFO. Its a little bit harder to do a convincing video because the object has to be in motion but its still doable.

This is one that I took:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f8647115603.jpg[/atsimg]

Its actually just a quarter but it looks like a UFO.

The thing is even though I enjoy hoaxes and making the occasional hoax myself I'm still a firm believer in the UFO Phenomenon, in fact it was my fascination in UFOs that led me to take fake UFO photos. Photo/video is never going to prove to scientists that the phenomenon is real, only hard evidence will and until that hard evidence comes forward there will be amateurs on their computers and outside with their cameras fooling the rest of us.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why isn't there a sticky on top of this forum explaining how easy it is hoaxing UFO footage? That should be required reading for all new members. After all ATS motto is deny ignorance isn't it?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Not really a top 5 ways, more like a guide on how to do it one way

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Don't forget that it must be genuinely unidentifiable.

If people can recognize or determine what the object might be; you have failed.

Here is a fake space UFO. You will not be able to identify the object I used to make it:

This is actually a composite of two space images. One from Apollo and one from the ISS. The object was shopped in over an image that NASA/LPI had blacked out.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
You forgot,
6. Film normal planes and helicopters and call them UFOs

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
While I dont agree with the concept of spoofing UFO footage, it seems like everyone is giving it a shot these days. Some tell tale signs the UFO footage you are watching is fake...

1. Its on youtube.
2. A production company logo and/or credits.
3. No Lead in. ie. Why is the camera taping this particular scene that a UFO just happens across?
4. No Foregrounds. Its notoriously difficult to create footage of a UFO moving behind trees or bushes.
5. Solid Backgrounds. like the sky, give no hint at light direction or shadows, making it easy to light and shade your UFO how you please.
6. No Shake. Shake is hard to compensate for so most spoofers use fixed mount cameras
7. No Reaction. Often the cameraman is just quietly breathing. If I were filming a UFO you bet there'd be an audible reaction on the tape.
8. Sent in anonymously. The conspiracy nuts love it, and you dont have to do pesky interviews.
9. It disappears online. Usually followed by a re-release with a claim that the government was involved. The conspiracy nuts love that.
>>>drumroll please

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Tell us how you really feel about it

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by UF0News
While I dont agree with the concept of spoofing UFO footage, it seems like everyone is giving it a shot these days.

Is Neil Tyson right that the next version of Photoshop will have a "UFO button" to automatically insert a UFO in a picture?

He jokes about this at 5m55s in this clip:

And we have to reference the link to the best CGI hoaxes:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Signals

I've been making UFO hoax photos since I was twelve.

G'day Titen-Sxull

For interest's sake & also the fun of it.....

Would you consider posting a few more or your hoax UFO pic's with some brief notes as to how you made them?

It would be interesting to compare those with some of the pic's posted on ATS as "real".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Sure thing. Here's another from the same set as the first:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6148d0fc6e52.jpg[/atsimg]

I made sure the buildings were in the shot, whenever you have buildings or trees it helps the illusion that the object really is WAAAYYY up there. This is that same quarter tossed into the air but it looks far above the buildings.

Hoaxers these days have all sorts of equipment, photoshop, lot's of tools to work with, all I did was take a few UFO shaped objects and throw them up while timing the snap of the photo just right. I've always preferred the obvious hubcap hoaxes to the fancy CGI ones because even when you can tell its not a UFO at least its a real object in the sky.

Here's another:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7227ebee4105.jpg[/atsimg]

Same deal, use of other objects in shot. People tend to dismiss any UFO photo that is in clear sky with nothing around it out of hand.

Here's one more:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88f527855314.jpg[/atsimg]

I took this on vacation when I was maybe 17, so quite a few years ago. I made sure to get the trees, it really gives the effect that the object is far above. This object is just a paddle ball that had broken off my kid sister's paddle ball toy.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

G'day again Titen-Sxull

That's terrific.....

You know, many people would like at your photo's & go crazy....."proof of alien life.....smoking gun.....must see.....!"

Your pic's reminded of those pic's made by Antonio Urzi (Mussain's new friend).....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7845e3eec01f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb8b545253c8.jpg[/atsimg]

What do you think of those?

I think the "button on the window" & the "button in the air" explanations are looking good.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

The second one definitely looks like a button and the first looks like it might be a thimble.

Neither of them look at all convincing as you can tell what they are. Reminds me of the time I took a UFO photo using a Nickel and you could see Monticello on the back of it

Also reminds me of the laughably bad Billy Meier pics that had so many baffled. While I do believe in UFOs (and have seen one myself) I am still amazed at the gullibility of people when it comes to photographs of them.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Now you've done it.....

You've mentioned the "M" word.....

top topics

join