It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a think tank or a data source for TPTB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What is a think tank? It is a conglomerate of individuals that brainstorm about differing ideas and conspiracies correct?

I for a fact have seen on both MSNBC and Fox News episodes going over things that we have discussed here several days or weeks earlier.

I have even seen an episode on Glenn Beck a snippet, on what could be done with the manpower of the unemployed or the money paid for them. That in and of itself is not proof that we are purposefully being used but it may show that people are using our conversations.

I just found it to be a discussion to be perused.

If we are being used as a data source, let us start stating in our threads that any and all research conducted by us must be linked as a source. Maybe post a declaration of ownership of all conversation and research of our information?

What say you ATS?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have pondered such things myself. While ATS is not super famous, it is one of the first places to show up if you start looking for a place to discuss ideas that are not mainstream. Remember, reporters and producers are people too, and have their own beliefs and interests. I would not be the slightest bit surprised if ATS is on a list of places for many reporters and producers to check for ideas and reactions.

That being said, I'm pretty much 100% certain that it is not a part of TPTB, rather it is allowed to exists because it is mostly harmless in their eyes.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Oh no, I do not think it is part of the PTB. I just find it funny that think tanks do the EXACT things that we do here.

Besides being a possible think tank, it definitely could be a data mining site for many things like possible movie ideas, series ideas, political posturing ideas, etc etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
What is a think tank? It is a conglomerate of individuals that brainstorm about differing ideas and conspiracies correct?

I for a fact have seen on both MSNBC and Fox News episodes going over things that we have discussed here several days or weeks earlier.

I have even seen an episode on Glenn Beck a snippet, on what could be done with the manpower of the unemployed or the money paid for them. That in and of itself is not proof that we are purposefully being used but it may show that people are using our conversations.

If we are being used as a data source, let us start stating in our threads that any and all research conducted by us must be linked as a source. Maybe post a declaration of ownership of all conversation and research of our information?

What say you ATS?

Sites such as ATS are used by the Intelligence agencies to track people with certain characteristics.

There are many many different sites in the internet making it easier for secret agencies to find certain people with certain characteristics and to track their movements in case of possible attacks, or to counter revolutions, or to find out what people are thinking and use that information to trick them.

Let's not forget the majority of ATS was convinced that Obama would bring change lol, how did they trick us? That should be our focus here in ATS, but ATS is part of the ploy which won't allow such discussions to flourish. Instead they focus on whether Obama has the right to be president or not based on his nationality etc etc. LOL how many threads made it to the front page in regards to that subject? Keeping us busy with idiotic subjects GOSH how naive can we get.

I'm quiet sure they gather information and understand our way of thought therefore use that for their own advantage to stay in power for as long as possible, until a revolution or until the collapse of the empire.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Sites such as ATS are used by the Intelligence agencies to track people with certain characteristics.

There are many many different sites in the internet making it easier for secret agencies to find certain people with certain characteristics and to track their movements in case of possible attacks, or to counter revolutions, or to find out what people are thinking and use that information to trick them.

Let's not forget the majority of ATS was convinced that Obama would bring change lol, how did they trick us? That should be our focus here in ATS, but ATS is part of the ploy which won't allow such discussions to flourish. Instead they focus on whether Obama has the right to be president or not based on his nationality etc etc. LOL how many threads made it to the front page in regards to that subject? Keeping us busy with idiotic subjects GOSH how naive can we get.

I'm quiet sure they gather information and understand our way of thought therefore use that for their own advantage to stay in power for as long as possible, until a revolution or until the collapse of the empire.

GOD, I am glad I was not a member here during the last presidential election cycle!

I actually hoped Obama would be elected. My old bosses at first got mad at me for saying that. I of course did not vote for either. I felt that either would bring us down the same path but one would try to go to fast and institute a outcry we are seeing today. Damn, I was almost prescient!

As for the threads on how good Obama was going to be, I came across one that was from another countries citizen. It was how they were jealous that we got em.
I left a message over one year later! No response!

I do think we are data mined. To see what the standard or collective feelings of the most paranoid/informed believe. I know if I was in the intelligence field I would be doing it. It is common sense.

Hell, they probably even use some of our ideas. I try to keep some of my most detrimental ideas to myself for this very reason.

Thanks for the comment.

[edit on 2/25/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What say you ATS?

I agree that news and other angencies do look to sites like this (especially this one, will explain later) and other ones in order to spread disinfo or watch for certain as one poster on your OP) characteristics that are dangerous etc. etc.. And also their are people that are interested in what we say or post here. Ask yourself where would a Keith Olbermann or Glenn Beck go if they truly believed in life on other planets. They couldn't go to the national UFO forum and such and they have to be careful in going to a book store and being recognized and outed as Glenn or Keith bought We are Not alone/MoonBeam etc. at check out. They go online and do "research" to see the "crazies", but in reality they are using that as a disguise to read up on what they may or may not believe.

But this site especially is really important to TPTB and their minions. And thats because of the quality of discussion and the material and the debate and also the research that is posted on these threads. If you go to some sites, which are "moderated" or not it, they become so outside the box that if somebody did break the truth of something on the site, TPTB would be confident that nobody would believe it because by the time they get to the pertinent information they would have read everything from Mickey Mouse made the moon to Race supremacy to whatever. They don't need to put disinfo, the other stuff is so far out there that it does it work for them. They are afraid of this site and maybe a few others because our think tank actually have people that can and do think irregardless to the few that just squeeze lemons to start issues. They moderate well and keep everything on topic. In essence focus the conversation to the post at hand and that is the definition of a think tank.

Three examples come to mind, the Norway Spiral and the Sumerians and Baalbek. There where many posts in response to the Spiral and the rest of the MSM was saying it was reported to been a rocket from russia this and that etc.. But after enough focused research and study and input from everybody who added their plethora of data mining into the mix, it's a million dollar bet that it was a high frequency modulation experiment to heat up a section of the sky to cause the "Tequilasunrise experiment". Another is the Sumerians that I never heard of (in fact I did hear of them but in passing) them and after their was some OP's on them and ancient civilizations I started digging and also digging into the other think tank peoples data and found out so much more that has been left out of the history (like the great flood myth that has Noah building an ark is actually a Babylonian myth and before that a Sumerian and it was a legend then at least 1700 years BC when put down) of our planet. Then theirs Baalbek and those massive cut stones that are over 1,200 tons and just large and shaped. They tried to say that the romans may have done it but why make those stones (if possible) that big when if you go to rome and other places they didn't construct like that on any of their other structures. And thats because they built on top of the remains of what was their when they got to that area of the world.

Many of us read, brainstorm and research the things that people say or don't say in their posts (don't say can give alot of information). They watch this site because of the quality of the discussion and the quality of the research and the likelyhood that information of an issue or sensitive nature may have been solved. When you have so many dedicated people that actually are using this to discuss things seen or talked or written about, sooner or later someone is going to have that Eureka moment and say "hey I've figured it out". Each one of us may or may not have a part of the puzzle in alot of discussions and don't even know it. But someone else while posting here and/or on the thread may see it and have that eureka moment. They watch this site because of that and they quality of the research that is going on. Imagine having a think tank of over a 100,000 people working for you doing it on their own time writting up enough data on these posts that could be tens of pages everyday.

Sooner or later that group is going to figure out one or more things and TPTB aren't supermen.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

The eureka moment is why I gravitated here.

I have always distrusted government, may have been my father or it may have been my study of history and esoteric government/religious control in other venues.

I have had eureka moments since coming here. I will not go into them here for the very reason of the OP.

You are right on the flow of the info here. Yes, sometimes we go off on tangents, but sometimes those tangents decry a higher purpose or relevance.

Of course TPTB are not supermen, for if they were, they would already control everything.

I always like to say, I am what I am, it reminds me that everyone is an individual and that everything is relevant to the individual existence that we exist in.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Something like this which can be seen by clicking on the link in the bottom right hand corner of every post?

I believe every blog and website on the net is data mined by the PTB, including this one. Polititians have employees scouring websites like ATS to get a 'feel' for issues that might be important, cops look for all sorts of criminal activities and crooks look for opportunities on sites like Facebook.

You'd be surprised how many will talk about their family leaving their home in suburban Seattle for a two week trip to Peru or something and any thief worth their cyber-salt will know where that house is within minutes.

Data mining on the web is what every corporation, alphabet company and politician should be doing if they have any sense at all.

imho

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
From what I understand, various intelligence communities utilize AboveTopSecret as a literal think tank. The folks here, many in bizarrely unique mindsets, all give various out of the box thoughts, opinions, and even theories about a huge variety of things.

ATS is also a good site for them to keep tabs on in case there is indeed a breech of national security. If that happens, chances are someone here will stumble across it, and post it. This also works the other way, being if there is a breach from another country, it will also appear here and could provide valuable intelligence.

Overall, they keep their hands off the community in order to preserve this valuable resource, only intervening when absolutely necessary in order to protect extremely valuable national secrets or other intel.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

HEY, did you make that up for this thread or is it a standard print for things on ATS?

I do always mention here and other places when I use other's info, but I always wonder if we actually own our ideas when we put them out here.

I have written many articles elsewhere and have never brought them here. They can be traced to who I am. Paranoia will destroy ya.

Actually, I have been thinking of eliminating my anonymous nature on the net.

Still thinking about it though.

edit to add-never clicked on that, COOL!

[edit on 2/25/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

HEY, did you make that up for this thread or is it a standard print for things on ATS?

Nope... it's found by clicking on the 'copyright & usage' link at the bottom right corner of every post.

The one I linked was taken off your OP. Click the button on my post and you'll see that my username is listed. It's the same for every post by every member here.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yeah, that is why I added the edit to add.

The big part would be to prove someone else used it. Let alone without our permission.

That is why a lot of my ideas I do not write on the net.

I have been writing a sci fi story for a while now and had thought of posting it here on the short stories section. BUT, than if someone uses it with just a slight twist, how to prove they used my idea? Or someone else here?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

You're talking about someone using your creative talents in a story, but changing the character names, twisting the plot and changing the wording for their own benefit.

I agree that is a concern. In your favour, though, is the fact that you posted it first and have a time stamp proving that you wrote a very similar story first.

If the cretin that stole your idea is no-one important and remains so, they get nothing out of it.

On the other hand, if the story wins them fame, then you have a right to go after them for plagiarism IF you can prove it. That might be difficult if every sentence was changed, but, if even one or two sentences are identical, it would be easy to prove.

Just google any simple sentence I'm writing right now by cutting and pasting it there with quotation marks. If it exists ANYWHERE else on the web, it'd show up.

If they made any money from your creative efforts, there's lawyers simply ITCHING to sue them for everything they can and then some. I've posted quite a few (what I think, anyways) good short stories on ATS and it wouldn't be hard for me to see if anyone else copied them anywhere on the web.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That's it damn it! O'Retard just used my favorite debate word.

Fallacious. ASSHAT!

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If it is they need to contact me...I have a ton of ideas. But not knowing what their plans are I can't really help them.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That is almost as ridiculous as a Carter statement.

Did you mean it?

I am sorry if I am mistaken in your statement.

What I am saying is that what does a think tank try to do? You come up with a question, then you try to discover the answer. Now, look at what we have here. We have a conglomerate of numerous quantity of countries and locations, we have numerous sections of specialties, we have numerous layers of political, social, religious, etc etc etc.

Where else could you put together such a wide variety of things?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

No I was not serious. I do think that this place and forum is a think tank, whether used by the PTB or not. All walks of life are represented here. All views are expressed and people hold little back, even at the risk of making themselves look crazy. However, that is what a think tank does...they have no limit on thinking stuff up. No idea is off limits so long as it addresses the issues or question at hand.

Generally the think tanks I've seen done in corporations are a joke. I think they call them focus groups. Nobody thinks too well in those things. A think tank to me is one that has no limits and poses a question that is more philosophical and non tangible than one that is definite and definable.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Excellent, it IS hard to tell when people are being facetious/sarcastic when only reading given written language.

I know I would set up a thing like this if I was TPTB.

It does not mean it is a bad idea. What is wrong with seeing the mentality of the world?

I hope they have heard me and others in our total mistrust of our governments.

Thanks for the comments!

new topics

top topics

join