It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reg Presley BBC Radio2:UFO at the end of Gatwick runway stoped planes for 45 mins landing or taking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Reg Presley lead singer of the famous sixties group "The Troggs" has told Simon Mayo on BBC Radio2 (listen to the whole interview here www.bbc.co.uk... its about 1 hour 20 in)www.bbc.co.uk... that he was informed 7 years ago of a ongoing news report at approximately 3am covering a developing story of a ufo hovering above the end of the runway at gatwick airport in Kent UK for 45 minutes actually preventing aircraft from landing and taking off.
Can this be true ? Does anybody remember this case ?Would be amazing if true. For people who do not know Reg he is very famous in the UK for being interested in crop circles.

I have recorded the gatwick ufo part for people who can't get the iplayer also it will be taken down in 6 days so this will hopefully keep a record of it ( if ytube don't take it down)

[edit on 25-2-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
funny how the government mouth piece that is simon mayo didnt go any deeper....typical..

this is the guy who said live on the radio that its just a myth that drills were taking place on 7/7...A MYTH!!!...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I think that this is more disinformation. Such an even would have been recorded in several papers, caught on cell phone, photographed by camera etc. Considering that I have called people to see a comet the whole of Crawley could have been woken up to see a real UFO. 45 minutes of UFO landing is like 45 days to me!

T

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

I think that this is more disinformation. Such an even would have been recorded in several papers, caught on cell phone, photographed by camera etc. Considering that I have called people to see a comet the whole of Crawley could have been woken up to see a real UFO. 45 minutes of UFO landing is like 45 days to me!

T

hmm..i doubt it...mr presley is a well known cropper..i doubt hes in bed with any psy-op team...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
funny how the government mouth piece that is simon mayo didnt go any deeper....typical..

this is the guy who said live on the radio that its just a myth that drills were taking place on 7/7...A MYTH!!!...

I was amazed that he did not press him further. If this was a news item late at night there will be a record of it somewhere .A ufo preventing aircraft from landing and taking off would have been a huge story.Why if true ,was it buried??

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by alienesque

I was amazed that he did not press him further. If this was a news item late at night there will be a record of it somewhere .A ufo preventing aircraft from landing and taking off would have been a huge story.Why if true ,was it buried??

i wasnt amazed...thats his job..he didnt ask him about his own sighting either....

[edit on 25-2-2010 by alienesque]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I found this report of a Gatwick ufo wrong dates for it being the incident Reg was referring to though.www.westsussextoday.co.uk...

UFO 'near miss' at Gatwick

Among the most bizarre encounters was a 'high risk' near miss between a Boeing 737 and a unidentified object at Gatwick on July 15, 1991.

According to the secret government report, a pilot coming in to land saw a 'small black lozenge-shaped object' 500 metres ahead of his aircraft and at the same altitude.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wasn't there a report about five years ago of a UFO hovering at the end of a runway in Siberia -- Barnaul, I think -- and a plane refusing to take off until it had gone?

[edit on 25-2-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here is a video I have made of the interview ( just the part with the gatwick ufo) I have made this so everybody can hear it not just people from the UK also it will be taken down from the bbc iplayer in six days.I have also posted it in my opening thread post.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Could this be the sighting?? www.bbc.co.uk...

Gatwick Airport, London - January 31st 2002, 5:00am.
A retired telecom engineer Jerry Horlan, stood in his Broadfield kitchen, and he was gripped by an eerie sense that he was not alone. He was astounded to see a circle of strange lights hovering over the south side of Gatwick Airport. He explained: "I had been up all night and was just making myself a cup of coffee when I saw something very strange out of the window.

"Hovering over the south side of the airport were 12 bright lights circling slowly round. I just could not believe what I was witnessing." The father of two tracked the objects for more than an hour until dawn began to break, and the lights slowly moved away from the airport and disappeared.

Mr. Horlan, 58, who lives in Farnham Close, Broadfield, continued: "It was a unique experience. I have travelled all around the world and never seen anything like that before. "I am not saying it was definitely a UFO but it would be good to get some sort of explanation to account for what I saw."

The skies over Gatwick Airport have seen a number of close encounters over the years with witnesses reporting seven suspected UFO sightings alone in the summer of 1996. This prompted sky watcher Larry Dean, from Brighton's Skysearch agency to suggest aliens were watching Gatwick to study earthly air travel.

Government officials and BAA have continued to dismiss these strange events and refused to recognise the existence of UFOs. Commenting on the latest spotting, a BAA spokesman said: "We have run a check and can report nothing out of the ordinary at that time, but we have passed the information on to air traffic control which is looking into it."

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Surprised there's not more interest in this .Perhaps he made it up or was confused.

top topics

join